Tombow Watercolor Tutorial

 


Many of the tiles I tangle and many of my art journal pages begin with this quick and easy technique. Several years ago my husband purchased the complete set of Tombow dual brush pens as a Christmas gift for me. And now 5 or 6 years later I am still getting good use out of them. Whether on a coloring page or using them as watercolor, they have stood the test of time. Here is a short 59 second video to show you how I use them to make watercolored backgrounds. You can totally do this, too! Any water based marker will work. Not alcohol based, though. They don't work the same way. Have fun!

I apologize for being absent. I am working really hard on a new book. It will contain 501 tangle patterns with step outs for each. Patterns were submitted from 86 different tangle artists from all over the world. Lord willing this book will be available within a month on Amazon worldwide. Working title? Life in Tangles. Kind of fitting for 2020, don't you think? 






Comments

  1. It's so beautiful dear Alice. Thank you for all your wonderful art work. All the best for you, your Regina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Regina, I am glad we are friends <3

      Delete
    2. Thank you, yes, I'm glad too, that we are friends<3

      Delete
  2. Excellent title for the book - all the best with that, you work so hard at putting these together. My Tombows haven't been used for an age but I'm hoping to have some time over the Christmas period to work on art projects. The days are whizzing past & it's almost time for the clocks to change. We already have a whole bay of Christmas cards for sale in the shop - very surreal especially so this year for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I was just realizing last night that Christmas will be here before we know it

      Delete
  3. Your videos are always clear and to the point. They are so helpful. And the book title is PERFECT! especially for this crazy year. Praying that our Lord keeps you focused and at peace through the process. Can't wait to see this labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's has been 8 months in the making already. I see light at the end of the tunnel now.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, I can't wait to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is probably the one technique I use the most

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around