Goose, A Fun New Tangle


 



















Today let's work with a tangle I have been drawing for awhile. It actually made its debut in Life in Tangles. Goose is a free-flowing, no mistakes kind of pattern that is easy and fun and doesn't take a lot of thought or effort. It begins with a spiral that you draw one direction, then spiral back on itself in the opposite direction. The petals are open and flowing. You can draw as many as you want to fit in your circle, then go back over them loosely making that second line. All loose - we aren't looking for perfection with goose. 
















If you have a copy of Life in Tangles,  you may recognize this piece of art. I filled those aura-ing lines of goose with pink on this page. It works great in gardens, as a stand alone, you can even make goose work undersea. 
















The background of this page appeared in Tangle Starts. The color was made using Dylusions Ink Sprays and the floral designs were made by spraying water through a stencil. I used a variation of goose in this piece. 


A digital image made as a test in Procreate. I was able to transport the above background image in and add the drawing as another layer. And that is about all I know about digital tangling. Hahahaha! But there is goose with just the first layer, and not the loose aura. 









These goose (or should it be these 'geese'? hahaha!) were drawn using fountain pens from Zebra Pen. They work great with a waterbrush for movement once they are drawn. I tangled this in the Grey Book from Hahnemühle







Here you have a monoprint I made using a gel printing plate from Gelli Arts. Tangles added are goose, Lucy, frond, rangoon, floral and weave. 







One of my last YouTangle.art Tiles from Hahnemühle. I like the way the paper absorbed the colors, allowing for more layering. Here is a little different variation in the arms of goose. 




















I love this page in one of my Robin Mead journals. Acrylics layered underneath and those are hard to draw on. For something like this I use my TWSBI Eco fountain pen. It draws on everything! And since goose is such a loose tangle it is perfect for drawing on a harsher environment. 


Watercolored goose and Lucy in the Report & Art Book from Hahnemühle. 

























And one last double page spread filled with goose, viola and some printemps. I drew this in another one of my Robin Mead journals. This particular journal is all watercolor washes similar to this one. It might just be my favorite. I can go back in and paint each of those flowers. And I just might do that today. 





















And that is Goose. Flexible, forgiving, fun and easy. I hope you will give goose a try today! Want to see more of my original tangles? Just click here

Purchase Life in Tangles by clicking here

Comments

  1. Now my favourite is the Lucy & Goose flowers in the Report & Art Book. That really caught my eye. Mind you the You Tangle.art Tile is a very close second. Love how you manage to put all these florals together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the one from the book is my favorite , too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun