Forever Journaling Done Daily


 



















Creative Crafty Friends calls this 'daily journaling'. I am leaning towards calling this book my 'forever journal'. And I really love how this page turned out. I am not working on quality paper here. It is a simple spiral graph book from Rhodia. Shhh! Don't tell Rhodia I called their book not quality. Hahahaha! But I am using quality paper for everything I add. This page was day 14 of The 100 Day Project. The tile and the gelli print background were both cut from Hahnemühle's Bristol paper. The tangle on that tile is Avro from Yvonne Westover. It is featured in my last book Life in Tangles


Day 15. I think all the papers for the gelli prints and the tiles I tangled in this post are Bristol paper. That little cat came from a magazine. The birds are part of a collage sheet from Joggles. The tangle in the tile is BABB-le, also from Life in Tangles








That might be a rain cloud but I am totally calling it a snow cloud. Eight or nine inches that day. And it was so cold Rocket only came out for a quick snack. The primary tangle for the day was baecube. Awesome fun pattern. Day 16.








Day 17. We got a little more snow. This winter has been strange. Last year we got 190 inches of snow total. So far this year we have had maybe 35 - 40 inches. I did not like the tangle I picked for this day. We are doing the project in Tangle All Around and I selected all the tangles so I feel like I have to do them. I will probably never ever do this one again. Isn't the little deer adorable? Digital image from Pinterest. It is one of the Morning Scribbles from Chris Ryniak.






Wow! I have a lot to show you in this post! Day 18. The tangle was baleselation. Lots of fun! I guess I am a grid kind of girl. 










Day 19 - the dragon was drawn by Velma Ensey, she is a member of Tangle All Around. She gave me permission to use it. Isn't he cute peeking through his tail? Perfect scripture, too, as long as you remember the Bible wasn't talking about dragons. The tile was colored with Ken Oliver's watercolor inks







Day 20. This tile was also colored with Ken Oliver's watercolor inks. Two colors. I just dropped them on the tile and that's how far the color ran by itself. Hahahaha! I love it! The tangle is blooming butter - one of my favorites from Michele Beauchamp. Of course I love everything she does. 








I had to take a day off to color some more pictures with my Copics. I had been wanting to color this little elf for awhile. I found her on Pinterest also. Just google for free digital stamps. The background strip for this photo and the one above was cut from a page I tangled for More Tangle Starts. The tangle for the day was boomerang. It was fun. Day 21. 







Day 22 and I am still participating. Whoot! Whoot! I think I have stumbled across the way to do this 100 day thing. And it only took four years. Hahahaha! Creative Crafty Friends has us making daily journal pages - though there aren't many of us still doing it. Combining it with The 100 Day Project only made sense and I am loving it! 



























And the last one for today - Day 23. Most every page has a gelli print section made with my Gelli Arts gel printing plate. For this strip I also added a little paint and stencil work afterwards. And when I did it reminded me of this panda Natalie Mecham sent me. She painted the panda and the cardinals. The panda is a postcard and the cardinals is actually one of her business cards. I wanted to keep them forever - so I added them to my forever journal. And they made this page pretty much perfect!

Interested in a gel printing plate? Gelli Arts sells them right here

How about some Bristol paper from Hahnemühle? Click right here

Any time you see pink words in my posts - they are links to somewhere awesome. Pink = link. Got it √

Comments

  1. You did some amazing pages this week! These are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying working this way. kind of a carry over from the Zen-untangled project - just on steroids :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely way of keeping those pieces that you're really pleased with - plus of course items others send you. I can see you've settled into a groove which works for you & it made absolute sense to combine the Creative Crafty Friends & 100 Day Projects. Using the right substrate for whatever medium you're working with is a perfect way of getting consistent results & being able to combine mixed media in a notebook - I like doing that too. Plus it means you can always use up little scraps of what can be rather expensive paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My book got full and I was waiting for another to arrive. Changing books types. But I kept drawing tiles so I am not behind.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Working With Avro from Yvonne Westover