Fast and Easy Backgrounds


Fast and easy backgrounds. I have always been one to make lots of backgrounds to have on hand for when I feel like drawing or collaging or art journaling. In fact I released two books - Tangle Starts and More Tangle Starts - of nothing but backgrounds. So, when I saw the prompt from Tracy Weinzapfel to make backgrounds I was all in.



These five backgrounds are all watercolor. Typically I work with sprays and acrylics for backgrounds, and now occasionally watercolor. The thought for Tracy's class was to get color on the paper in a variety of ways. Here are the five backgrounds I made. 
















And just like that I had five backgrounds made and dried. I think the blue and purple one is my favorite. This past Wednesday night Tracy did a live paint session. She drew first and colored in the background last. I like to skip some steps occasionally - hahahaha! - so I started with the green background you see just above this and drew my flowers. After I painted the florals, I was basically done since my background was already filled in with color. I did add the spatters extra. I like those when I remember them. And just like that I had my five fast and easy backgrounds AND I actually used one of them. For painting I used the Black Tulip brushes from ZenART Supplies. 




















Interested in learning from Tracy? She has an awesome five day online class coming up later this month and it costs just $10.00. Her classes are such fun and you learn so much! If you want to join in - you can do so by following this link. I would love to see you there!

Flower Power May! sign up by clicking here

Black Tulip brushes from ZenART Supplies can be purchased here 

Comments

  1. Now my favourite is the green one which you then used superbly - perfect pairing with the reddish tones of the flowers (complementary colours). Those white & black details really add such striking details & their boldness works superbly with the bright background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, evy, I need to find another white pen idea. this is the smallest tip I can find in these water based sharpies. the oil based ones just disappear into the back ground like they were never there

      Delete
    2. Posca Pen in white 0.7mm bullet tip possibly?

      Delete
    3. I think I have one here somewhere. working on reorganizing supplies - maybe I will find it :)

      Delete
  2. These are fantastic, Alice! If you feel confident about drawings lines with your brush, white acrylic works well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around