Hahnemühle's Bamboo Carnet de Voyage


 












If you are looking for a great mixed media/watercolor book for on the go art making - this is your book! Hahnemühle's spiraled Bamboo Carnet de Voyage is perfect for any kind of art you want to make. Fifteen sheets, thirty work surfaces and 125 lbs in weight, the pages are made from 90% bamboo fibre and 10% rag. I have done so much with this book and I'd love to show you! 














I began using the Bamboo book for a class I was taking. Something you might not know about me - I am not very good with classes. I usually last for 2 or 3 sessions then move on to something else. I think I made three sessions in this class. I watercolored this particular page on a different paper then glued it into my Bamboo book. 














The paper is plenty heavy to hold wet media. I used a decent amount of water with these flowers and they worked great! More watercolors. 














I even designed an alphabet to use when I write. You know I hate to add my own writing but I can do it with this alphabet.














I made the decision to use this book to store my flowers. Different ways to draw them, different ideas, including the ideas I get from Tracy's lessons. A great reference book. 













This page is not meant to be a piece of artwork. On several pages I am just drawing the flowers I know, with different ways to detail them, and color them. I colored these with a water brush and some Inktense watercolor blocks from Derwent. Not as bright as I like to use but ok for a reference page. Hahahahaha!














I have several pages like this. Flowers, flowers, and more flowers. 














For this page I painted an underlayer of watercolor first. The tangling was fun! I used technical pens from Zebra Pen for the drawing and basic colored pencils for shading. I keep seeing a monster face in here. With a big smile. Hahahaha!




Kali and I even did a little string art in the Bamboo book. We weren't very good at it, though. Hahahaha!













I even used a page for gelli print roll off. Little bits of acrylic here and there. And next I will add a bunch of flowers and leaves and more color.














Fun page this one. Neocolor2 Water Soluble Crayons, a stencil and some baby wipes. Awesome sauce! Easy, quick and pretty. 














I love this page! Hopeful and inspiring! I watercolored the background first, then sketched out the flowers. Next I painted the flowers with more watercolor. I used an ultra fine Sharpie to line and detail the petals. I have been having trouble coming up with a reliable white pen to add highlights. This time I used a water brush and white acrylic ink. Not bad but not what I want just yet. But, how did this Bamboo journal work with all my various art means and media? Perfecto! The pages are thick and they lay flat when I add water. No curling, no warping, no pilling. Just pretty art! The pages are a great size at 6" x 9.8" - great for quick art. This book would even work great for art journaling. You need one of these and they can be purchased right here

Christine and I are working on a fix for my email service. Sometime in the next week or so you will notice the emails look different when you receive them. Fingers crossed this works like we think it will. I might even be able to add a store! Eek! Yay!!!

Comments

  1. You are so awesomely talented, Alice 💖🌷💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Sandra, this is a great book for my flowers :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is a great book with a lot of possibilities.

      Delete
  3. Alice, your posts and your art never fail to bring a great big smile to my face!! Thank you!! 😍😁🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know that ❤️

      Delete
  4. Alice, you are such an inspiration and so very talented. These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do like all those different flowers - a really super reference point & I do agree: that final teal spread is my favourite. All the best with that email solution, I do hope it works & you've got something reliable finally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trying to find a website/blog that works has been a nightmare. I thought I was all set. sigh. this book - I really like it! I wasn't sure how I wanted to use it then those flowers just started happening

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around