Today's Guest Artist - The Frankles


 



















Today I have an awesome guest artist to introduce to you. She goes by many names but mostly I call her The Frankles. I don't typically post names of children on my website, but she is my granddaughter so I will bend the rule just a little. The Frankles loves my art room. We spend a lot of time in this room when she is here. And this chair is the Frankles' thinking spot. On this particular day we discussed the kind of art I had been working on, as well as the kind of art she had been working on. 





















When she told me she was mainly drawing animals I showed Frankles this piece of art by Sandra Strait.  Frankles thought it was pretty cool and asked me what it was. Once I explained Sandra's Alebrije style of combining two animals into one she nodded her head and ran from the room. Hahahaha!





















A few minutes later, the Frankles came back into my art studio carrying her sketchpad to show me her 'joined up' animal. There are a couple things going on in this photo. She is naming her animal and I will show you in a minute. But she also came up with a chop. Frankles had asked me about the symbols/ signatures on some of the art I showed her in the Penguilephant post. I explained that an artist signed their art and that some people did that with something called a chop. I showed her how I make my chop and showed her the letters in it - how they build off each other - and she made her own chop. Using the letters E and H based on the name she goes by at school. 

   




The Frankles wanted me to immediately send Sandra a photo of her PolerGuin (polar bear/penguin) with her official chop on it. And being the awesome Grammy that I am - I did just that. Sandra's exact response was "Tell Frankles her polarguin is SPECtacular!" And that made her day!






She even posed for an artist shot (from about one foot away) to be posted with her artwork. And send to Sandra






And she went on a roll. Cranking out some cool animal mixes. I especially like how she gave this one eyelashes. 





















Then the Frankles wanted to make me a surprise. She knew I had been drawing and painting a lot of flowers lately. So she drew this beautiful flower just for me. And demanded a photo. Hahahahah! And there you have it. Northern Maine's own resident artist . . . The Frankles! Thank you for reading along <3 

Comments

  1. Love the Frankles art! I can’t pick a favorite though I do love the flower a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you and I are partial to flowers ❤️💐

      Delete
  2. I wish the Frankles could meet my granddaughter Rilyn! I think they would totally "get" each other!! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's obvious that talent runs in your family! I adore Frankles' alebrijes. She's got an imagination that won't quit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's a smart one! and she cracks me up, too! when she was packing her stuff up to go home she asked if she could have a trash plate to take home. so I got her a styrofoam plate out of the cabinet. she knew what my trash plate was!!!!!

      Delete
  4. What a super way to spend time with The Frankles & to see her comprehension of the principles you describe is delightful. That chop is absolutely perfect too - again total comprehension of what lay behind your own creation but personalised for herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she did great and totally understood. she amazes me with how quick she picks things up and understands them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around