Bookmark Pad Meets Distress Ink









In my last post I showed you a brand new product from Hahnemühle. So brand new that it is just now hitting stores in the United States. The Watercolor Bookmark Pad is already available in Europe. In this photo you can see the very first piece of art I created with one of these bookmarks. 





Made of 100% cotton cold pressed watercolor paper, the glued pad has fifteen bookmarks waiting for you to add your art to. I tried several different projects with a load of different products. I wanted to see what these bookmarks could handle, and they handled everything I threw at them very well. 




The bookmarks are approximately 2" x 8", cold pressed surface on one side and a little smoother on the reverse. For this first piece I went with the straight up cold pressed side. Ranger's Distress Oxide and Distress Inks are some of my favorite tools lately. I used that little blending tool and started swirling color onto my paper. 





And I added color till the whole side was covered. I didn't worry much about blending those colors down the middle because I knew I was going to be covering much of that up with elements. 




In my DVD folder I have these Saturated Canary stamps saved from years and years ago. Krista Smith uses her own name now and can be found on Patreon. I printed out the two figures I wanted to use, colored them with my Copic markers, then ran them through the sticker machine. This machine is really cool. I just trimmed out the girls, then removed the sticker backing and popped them into place. Right down the middle. 






Prior to placing the girls I added some Totally Tracy stamps and some phrase sentiments. 





And lastly, I used an Archival ink pad to add black edging all around. Overall I used: distress oxide and distress ink pads, an Archival black ink pad, some Posca paint pens for accents, stamps from various sets, a sticker machine and Copic alcohol markers. And I think this bookmark looks fantastic! I am going to use it on a page of my daily journal. 

I am happy to say the Hahnemühle Watercolor Bookmark Pad will be available here and here very soon. They have been ordered already by both these locations. Please ask stores in your area to stock them for you so we can all create art with this high quality item from Hahnemühle. 



Comments

  1. Those are just awesome, what lovely gifts to give

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality of the paper is excellent

      Delete
  2. I love your bookmarks dear Alice. They are so beautifully 😍🫶👋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much <3 I really love how you are using your bookmarks in your art journaling!

      Delete
    2. Thank you dear Alice❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  3. Can see you using this in your art journalling. Those stamps are a good pairing with the digital images especially with one of the girls carrying that basket of flowers (they look in the same style as the Totally Tracy flowers) & once again you've tied the background colours in with the images. - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Evy, I really enjoy making art this way. it feels easy to me, I don't have to think too hard to make it work and that is a big plus these days <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun