ICAD, Days 11 - 30

 

ICAD - or Index Card a Day - is over now. Every year it runs during the months of June and July and we participate in Tangle All Around

Art on an index card. Any kind of art but in TAA I specifically ask them to use a tangle. And each day I give them a tangle to use. 

Since I did chemo I just don't have the urge to make art. Of any kind. I have to make myself sit down and create. I found that working on this index card size of 4" x 6" worked for me. And I did great during June. I honestly have no idea what happened in July. But I do want to get back to making these cards AND I can use them on my daily journal pages. You know - those pages I do about once a month. The story of my life. Let me show you my rest of June ICADS. 




The tangle for June 11, 2024, was Yuma. It was deconstructed (or designed) by Tina-Akua Hunziker, CZT. 


Here is my 11th card. I used a gel print background - I love those colors so much! If you look closely you will see that I did not include Yuma in my drawing. Honestly that tangle just doesn't speak to me. So I went with Fiore - one of my favorites - and my normal printemps. The characters I include like this one were drawn by Krista Leigh Smith, then I color them with Copic markers. 




June 12th, the tangle came from Zentangle HQ and it is called Zander. I like Zander a lot! It is a great dimensional kind of tangle and it can be used in several ways. For instance it makes a great border.


It even works in the round like I show you here. The background is a watercolor and I love the way it turned out! I almost hated glueing things on top of it but I was able to keep the best parts showing. Yes!!! The critters I use like these are drawn by Chris Ryniak. Check him out on Instagram here. I color them with Copics. I just ordered some new Copic colors. So excited! I do enjoy coloring still and I'm thankful for it. 



On June 13th, we tried Cherry Blossom Fairies from Lisa Jane. I saw a lot of variations and uses with this tangle in the posts on Tangle All Around. 


And here is my 13th index card. Believe it or not this is actually the cherry blossom fairies tangle. So much fun to draw! I started with an acrylics painted background. 




June 14, 2024, we used Antje Romers' tangle Fishy. This tangle was included in our newest book When Life Gives You Lemons

Not my best tangle but I did use fishy. In fact I made it be two fish and I grabbed this Chris Ryniak little guy fishing with his best friend who happens to be a . . . fish. 

Do you happen to recall I participate in two post card swaps a year? Same lady who hosts ICAD also does postcard swaps. When she posts the next swap I will be ready!





The tangle for June 15th was 8sam from Simone Bischoff. Steampunk? A border? Combining tangled areas? Definitely fun! 



Here is my index card for day #15. I used a watercolor background, combined with my tile and a little Krista Leigh Smith figure I colored with Copics. 8sam was a fun tangle and easily embellishable.  Is that a word? Hahaha! 




The June 16th tangle was one of mine. Actually Blox was the second tangle I made. Way back around 2012 or 2013. I use it in garden art and steampunk art. 



And here I went a little steampunkish. The background was stenciled and stitched. Lots of fun! I have a bunch of these little characters with coffee! Hahahahaha! 





June 17 - we went with Snowflake 19. Tangle All Around member Barbara Duel Johnson, CZT, has given me many a tangle to share in the group. She has a series of snowflake tangles - they are all fun and easy to tangle! 


Here is my 17th index card. I used a watercolor background, some stitching and a Santa I found on Pinterest. I use my Copic Sketch markers regularly. This red you see? It is the only red Copic I have. Hahahaha! Red just isn't my color. 




June 18, 2024. Our wedding anniversary. We have been married 41 years now. And for this day I chose the tangle Squill from ZHQ. Kind of looks like a wrapped package, doesn't it? 



My 18th index card is one of my favorites! Squill is always easy to draw and you can change it up in different ways like I did here. Don't you just love Chris' gator and kitty? 



For June 19th, I decided to go with Hsin-Ya-Hsu's tangle XOX. It looked difficult to me. Anytime we do a long project like this I try to mix up the tangles with some easier and some harder to act as a challenge to help us all grow. 


Sadly, I just couldn't wrap my brain around XOX. I got quiet and listened, and waited, and tried and tried, and then decided. The answer was just not coming. Hahahaha! So I went with All Boxed Up, some onamato and my signature printemps. And I was happy. 



June 20, 2024. I used Joyce Block's tangle called Clogit. We got some beautiful pieces of art posted in the group featuring this tangle. 


Mine wasn't one of them. Hahahahaha! I started with a watercolored index card, stitched around the hem, then added my tile and character. For the tile I went with my tangle Line Dance. Day #20. 




For the 21st index card I chose Flog by Angie Gittles, CZT. I love a great grid tangle! June 21, 2024. 



Here is my 21st index card. Watercolor background and stitched around the hem. Flog is tangled on a two inch square - called a twinchie. (Short for two inch.) I love it! 




June 22, 2024, I chose Tiffany Lovering's tangle Aeroark! Say that five times fast! Aeroark! Aeroark! Aeroark! Aeroark! Aeroark! A great name for a tangle! 


My 22nd index card. Aeroark works great as a border, or a frame, or a wall, or filler, or you could even tangle it in the round like I did Zander earlier and fill the inside with other tangles. 




For June 23rd, I went with a fun tangle from Canadian artist Margaret Bremner, CZT. Margaret has some great tangles! Box Spirals makes a great filler tangle! Or make it be your feature tangle. 



Index card #23 - my little guy is dreaming of box spirals!





June 24, 2024, the tangle was Noom from ZHQ. 'Noom' is 'Moon' spelled backwards. 


My 24th index card. I have tangled noom so many times in the past I just wasn't feeling it on the 24th. For a tangle I used some loose printemps in the background. 




June 25, 2024, and the tangle was Terry from Barbara Duel Johnson, CZT. A great border or frame tangle!



Hahahaha! I just noticed! I used Noom in this index card on the 25th! As well as a variation of my Dayz Eaze, printemps and Bow Petal. 



For June 26th, I used a tangle from a favorite of mine - Neil Burley. It is called XY. He tends to name his tangles based on the shapes they use. 


My 26th tile did not incorporate XY. I have no idea why. Almost looks like I have my cards mixed up. This one uses Terry from Barbara. 





Sadelle Wiltshire, CZT, has some great tangles. I don't know if she is still tangling as this one is from some time past. It's called Coton. June 27, 2024. 


My 27th index card has very little of coton. I didn't like how it turned out, so I went with borders on the rest of my tile. And black and white. Wow! I hardly ever stick to traditional black and white. But this is proof that I can. 



Fluxecho is a beautiful tangle from Lynn Mead, CZT. We used it on June 28, 2024.  It uses the technique of auras. 



Card #28. I love flux echo! Drawing all the echoing (auraing) lines is really calming! And I had the perfect little flower girl to add to the card!




June 29, 2024, I chose a Linda Dawson tangle called Amoeba. It's a repetitive shape that can look like a field of flowers! I mentioned the calming effect of repetition. This tangle does the same thing. 


And on this date ZHQ released a new tangle called Idoz. Named for the very first International Day of Zentangle. And it is so much fun I went with idoz on my tile for day #29. 



For the very last day of June, I chose the tangle Brr from Julie Isaac, CZT.  It is a fun filler tangle, it can grow and grow in all directions or you can use it as a single piece. 
For my 30th index card I went with Brr and another Snowflake 19. The background was watercolored before I began. 

I do not know what happened in July that I didn't continue with the daily tangle. Currently I am coloring images like the ones you see on these cards so I will have a better supply to pick from. 

And I found a new art supply company called Natalie May's Scrapbooking. Located in Australia and I even purchased one of her classes. Hopefully I can show you that project soon. You know - once I complete it. Can't wait!  Thanks for reading along. Love you all! 

Update on me: Tuesday I will be doing another PET scan to look for any cancer cells that might be present. I know God has this and there will be NO cancer cells anywhere to be found. I would appreciate any prayers and well wishes you might lift for me. 

Comments

  1. You did some fabulous art! I hope you do continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I am going to try <3

      Delete
  2. I love the cards you made with these tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I do like making them when I find myself in the mood

      Delete
  3. I appreciate your prayers more than I could ever tell you! thank you! and I am always happy to inspire <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your beautiful artworks. Best regards, your Regina ❤️😍👍👋😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Regina, I appreciate you always commenting on my art. It makes me really happy <3

      Delete
    2. ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  5. My favourite of all of these is the black & white one - it's the way you used the borders on the tile, mirroring Flying Geese & alternating the open patterns with the denser ones, plus your selective use of dimensional shading - then used the whole tile as your focus for the Index card, simply stitching it to create a frame. My eye was also caught by your Line Dance tile.
    I'll be praying & hope everything goes well.
    Much love - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Evy. I do like working in black and white on occasion. on the line dance - I used a black glaze gelly roll pen to get those thicker lines on each segment. kind of 3D-ish in person

      Delete
    2. Ah - that makes sense with the black glaze gelly roll - very dramatic even on the screen but I can imagine striking in person. - Evy

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Working With Avro from Yvonne Westover