ICAD (Index Card a Day), June 1 - 5, 2024

 















Each year during the months of June and July, Tammy Garcia (Daisy Yellow) sponsors an event she named ICAD. Stands for index card a day. The thought is each day for 61 days you create some art on an index card. Any kind of art. Any size index card. Any medium. In Facebook group Tangle All Around I encourage our members to give ICAD a try. I am working with 4" x6" index cards. If you don't have any you can cut your own from the paper you like to work with. For all 61 days I give a tangle prompt. 



For June 1st, day #1, we used 4C Ruiten designed by Nicole Dreyer. My card for the day can be seen above. I love using color and lately I love working with Krista Leigh Smith's drawings that I can color with my Copic markers. The longest part of this card was the actual tangling of 4C Ruiten. 















Day #2: the tangle for June 2nd was Beadles designed by Crystal Paul. To be honest, I didn't really care for the tangle at first. Even though I am the one who selected all the patterns - hahaha! I try to pick ones that will be easy for beginners and ones that are more advanced for the experienced tanglers. And I am not always in love with the tangles I choose to use. Beadles was one of those. Until I actually started working with it. Yes, my drawing looks like one big fat centipede BUT she's a pretty, big fat centipede if I do say so myself. Hahahaha! 

I started with a gel print and some machine stitching. I love machine stitching these cards as long as the bobbin doesn't run out because I don't know how to fill a bobbin. But I do have directions. 















June 3rd, the tangle was Heart Banner designed by Barbara Duel Johnson, CZT. She is a dear friend who keeps me supplied with really beautiful tangles. During ICAD this year I have tried to slide one of her tangles in each week.

I think this might be my favorite card so far. Primarily because of the background I used. I did a class with the wonderful Robin Mead a couple years back and one of her warm-up practices each day is to paint stripes. Like these. In fact I painted these in the class. Once I got home I added some white marks her and there and added this to my pile. Until ICAD. I was able to cut out a few 4" x6" cards to use. And this is my first one. Oh! Do you see the little critter I found peeking around the corner?

















June 4th, the tangle was XYP from Zentangle HQ. That is pronounced zip in case you were wondering. The color on the tile itself was made using Dina Wakley's Neon Scribble Sticks. I colored, then added water. I was a little disappointed they weren't as 'neon' as I expected but I do like the color I got. The little critters are Chris Ryniak drawings that I colored with my Copics. The background color is Dylusions Ink Sprays. So much fun!!! 















Day #5 the tangle was Zarillon designed by Ariane Bauer, CZT. Yes, that first letter looks like an 'F' but I checked and it is in fact a 'Z'. I thought this flower/ medallion looked easy but I had a heck of a time drawing it. So I lobbed the other side of this tile off and threw it in the trash. I got this little critter in a package I purchased from Joggles. com - isn't he adorable? Hahahaha! On to day #6. 














June 6th and the tangle was Circle Diamond designed by Amanda Rose Rambo. A beautiful gem setting. I chose to use it as a sort of ferris wheel pulling printemps from the top and dumping them to the bottom. And can I just say how much I love this little leprechaun??? Did I spell that right? No jagged red line so it must be correct. Hahaha! He is another critter of Chris Ryniak. The background was a gel print. I am such a goof. I colored those little specks across his forehead with a darker green color. I'm just now seeing those are little clovers. Wow! Oh my! Next. 




















Day #7. (You can click on any of these step outs and see them larger. In case you want to try the tangle yourself.) Empire designed by Rachael Schwartz. I mixed it up with my tangle Rolo, which you can find in our book When Life Gives You Lemons
















June 8th, the tangle was 8 Point designed by Susan Pundt, CZT. For some of the days I am using Nostalgie postcards from Hahnemühle. They are 4" x 6" which fits the outline I set for myself. And this is one of the Nostalgies right here. For the tangle I used a couple twinchies because the design itself looks quilted to me. Twinchies work great for that. The Nostalgie is not specifically a watercolor postcard but it worked great with the wet watercolored background. It even took the stitching with no problem. 
















June 9th, and the tangle was Bella designed by Carmen Muniz Real, CZT. I was not looking forward to Bella either, but I decided to go large and embellish. And I like it a lot! The border tangle is called Ziggy. It was designed by Prairie Kittin and can be found in our book When Life Gives You Lemons. The raccoon is from Art By Marlene. I love all her art pieces. 















June 10th, the tangle for the day was Heart Layers from Barbara Duel Johnson, CZT. I liked how the "quilt" twinchies turned out a couple days before so I went with the same idea here. The background is pretty in real life. Lots of color and sparkle and bright but not so much when photographed. Sorry.

And that concludes the first ten days. I hope you will join us at Tangle All Around and do ICAD with us. If FB is not for you - just use the step outs/ tangles I give you here and tangle along with us. 

Now I am going to try to remember how to post this live and send it out in emails. I am shocked to say it's been six months since I posted. Motivation and focus are still huge problems for me. Keep me in your prayers - I surely appreciate them so much! Love you all!



Comments

  1. Definitely keeping you in my prayers. Lovely seeing this post with a smattering of your signature Printemps included. Your Diva Dance (???) variation coupled with Zarillon looks lovely embellished with the white dots. Now if I had to choose ONE favourite Index Card - it would have to be the last one because of how the ovoid/drop elements in the tangle are echoed by the flower petals in the girl's hair. Love how that flower is coloured too. (Evy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evy. I am falling seriously behind but I am trying. I enjoy working like this. I’d rather art journal than tangle so combining them gets the best of both. Love you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Working With Avro from Yvonne Westover