Neurotangling With Mixed Media


 














This art journal is one of my favorites! I made it using Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle and my Bind-It-All machine. Since Glamour Additions wrapped up I have been at a loss for what to do in my journal. Last night I needed a break and pulled my book out to get busy. 










I began with this gelli print I made years ago in a class taught by Carla Sonheim. I think it was one of the first gelli prints I made in the class. I loved the color combination and have kept it safe. Waiting for the right time to use it. And that time came last night. You can also see a digital stamp I printed and colored with Copic markers and a couple tiny pages I bought from an ad on Facebook. You never know if those things are going to work but this one did. I cut my gelli page to 5.5" x 7.5" and adhered it with scor tape










There's that digital stamp girl. Found her on Pinterest. And you can see the two little pages better here. They are 1.5" wide by 2" tall and see thru vellum. I didn't expect the vellum part. Nor the smallness either actually. But I really like them! They came from a company called ToBeWhimsy - all one word. Each pad comes with 365 tiny little sheets of paper with different pictures on them. Since they are see-thru I was a bit concerned about how I would adhere them, but the scor tape worked great and you can't see it. Awesome!










It was about this time a plan came to mind. Because I was totally winging it up to then. Hahaha! The cardboard circle you see is the tube from a roll of 1" scor tape. I used up the last of it adhering my gelli print and hadn't thrown it away yet. 










I felt like doing a little neurotangling so I traced the inside of the ring with a Sharpie fine point and got started. 










I figured I could tangle and still see the beautiful colors from the print. And I was able to draw over the edge of the vellum piece as well. Here you can see my neuro lines I did to get started. But there was still a lot of page left open. 










I just plopped that cardboard roll right back down on the page and traced another circle and added more neuro lines. 










After 'nzeppling all the intersecting lines, I added some weighted auras in several of the sections. Not all, just some. And I love it just like this!










Sentiments - good words to remember these days. One day at a time. That is all we can do. The words reminded me of the song lyrics 'don't worry, be happy!' Insert smiley face

Thank you to all who subscribed to this new site. Please invite your friends. The more, the merrier. I will be covering tangle art, color art, art journaling, mixed media and throwing in tutorials and reviews. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle can be purchased here.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you, Linda! and thank you for subscribing!

      Delete
  2. You always make it look so easy, and for you, it probably is! Practice makes perfect, and I think your work is close to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I love the idea of two overlappping circles for the Neurotangling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had extra space and I needed to do something. this seemed perfect and I wasn't finished neuro-ing yet :)

      Delete
  4. This is just beautifully understated & I love the way those black parts of the neurotangling echo the black of the sentiments (wise words at present). The intersecting neurtangled circles are a lovely idea & just call out 'Alice's work.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Evy, I just really enjoy working this way.

      Delete
  5. Hola!...muy bonito !...me encantò! :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love your colors and the finished product. I am just getting comfortable working in ink rather than pencil, so I haven't really thought about colors yet. I just got a book about shading to read. I have a LONG way to go. Thanks for helping me along my zentangle journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made in the Shade is a great book for that. It will come. One day at a time

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you've got a new way to keep in touch with us! I've missed you. :) Thank you for mentioning (and giving a link to) ToBeWhimsy. I've just ordered some goodies! Your art journal page is fabulous ... love your neuro-tangling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other was so frustrating. Hopefully this site will work out better

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun