Nostalgie and Neurotangling

 















Grabbing minutes here and there between all the other things I do and what did I decide to work on? Neurotangling, of course. Hahahaha!










I began with this postcard that I pre-colored with Zig Clean Color Brush Pens and water. I love the color just like it was but it was on top of the stack. Hahaha! The base is a Nostalgie Sketch Postcard from Hahnemühle. You know how much I love their products! These postcards are roughly 6" x 4" which is pretty much the perfect size for quick and fun!


 









I began with the lines, then the corner fills, followed by some tangling. Just my basic printemps and ripped screen. In a couple sections I heavy weighted the lower corners per Glamour Additions. I felt like the tangling/drawing part was done but the overall piece felt blah! to me. I used some Schmincke watercolors and started on those larger pink areas. Just filling in some color with a water brush. 










And I brought in some yellow and green. Oh! So much better! But do you see how the postcard is curling? It is still damp in this photo. I sat the postcard to the side and left it overnight to dry. 















And the next morning my postcard was flat and wonderful! What a difference! Want to try some of these Nostalgie postcards for yourself? They can be found by clicking here. I like them because the surface is smooth and my pens like them. That's important to know. What a great stress reliever opportunity!

Comments

  1. I'm glad to be here Alice! I can't seem to find enough places to follow you and I love your philosophy of life. I'm hoping some of it will rub off on me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite some difference that the extra watercolours made! Especially the green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure about the green until I added it

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun