Storing Supplies

Questions about storage of art supplies is a regular thing for me. When we moved from Florida to Maine I condensed two rooms into one small room and storage immediately became an issue. 
I learned how to pack a lot of punch into a small amount of area. I could show you a lot with this one photo, but I want you to focus on the top shelf for today. 

This case is just one of four that fit into a Plano Fishing Tackle Box I bought at Walmart years ago. I was big time into scrapbooking back then and scrapbooking storage could be expensive. Kali and I were at a Bass Pro in Orlando with Mark when we came across all the fishing tackle boxes. Our first thought was scrapbook boxes! Hahahaha!


Price-wise we knew Walmart would have a better deal. I paid $10.00 for this great little carrier that came with four of these plastic storage containers that lock tight and store inside the overall case. Great for carrying from room to room, or to a friend's house, wherever. 


With all the swap items I make, I am always looking for little pieces and bits to adhere on a mixed media art piece. This is my go-to box. This and my collage drawer. Hahahaha!


Usually whatever I need is in one of these four drawers. And right at arm's reach in my studio. 


This is what my crate looks like sitting on the top shelf. I never remove the whole carrying case - not so far - because I don't have anywhere to take it. But if I needed to this box has a handle and the whole thing is ready to grab and go at any time. 


It sits smooshed in on the top shelf. That bottom area is the shipping station. That is where I pack up all the giveaway items and swap items and get them ready to mail out. You can see my shipping station piece of furniture is snugged in between other pieces. When not in use all those doors close and it looks plain and boring. Hahahaha! It came from IKEA. I believe it is a Billy item. And my stash case AKA tackle box - has gone up in price but Walmart still carries something similar. It can seen by clicking this link. Watch for yard sales or eBay. You can probably find one for less money. It sure holds a lot and I have more than gotten my money's worth out of it. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. if you are on a computer - scroll up and look in that open are on the left hand side. right underneath the photo of me with my dragon. on a tablet or iPad or cell phone - in the photo at the very top of this page - see where it says Alice Hendon, Artangleology? just above and to the left you should see three little white lines stacked one on top of the other. click those. that sidebar with my picture will open and the subscribe is right under my photo.

      Delete
  2. I do like that IKEA piece, hmmm, maybe that might solve my tangling supplies storage & free up some more shelf space for husband's books which tend to breed. That shipping station looks wonderfully organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would for sure. Or you could stash his books inside and close the doors. Hahahah

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun