Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

 





















That post title is a way hopeful statement. Hahahahahaha! I haven't even started my first day tile yet and the day is over half way done. I have too many things I am trying to do all at once. But. Octangling for this year has begun in my Facebook group Tangle All Around. And I am already seeing some lovely pieces of art!

You may be asking . . . what is Octangling. I am glad you asked. There is a young man who started an event years ago he dubbed Inktober. Every October he encourages people like you and me to draw something every day during the month. Nothing fancy, nothing we can't all do. And he gives a prompt for each day to give you an idea of what to draw. Our FB group has participated the past 3 years using a list of tangles I give them. This year I hesitate to use his name for the project because he is suing a lot of people and companies for selling pieces of art they made during his monthlong project. So. No more using that name, tanglers. From here on out we are calling this month of October Octangling because we are mixing it up and making our own event. So there. Above is a list of the patterns I chose for the month with the dates we will use them on. Each Friday I will post the step outs here. Of course, if you are a member of Tangle All Around you will have access to the whole shebang right now. And I bet that is the most I have talked all at once in a post. Ever. Hahahahaha! Let's get started. First I will give you step outs that run through the 8th because this week starts on a Thursday - so you get one extra day. They are in date order. You can make each step out larger by clicking on it. 

















This year I am doing something a little different. Each Friday when I post the step outs for the next seven days I will also give you some strings to work with. Use them however you wish or not at all. Here are four for our first week. You should be able to re-create them easy enough on whatever paper you choose to tangle on. 
























And that's it. I am going to get offline now and grab my journal and get busy with day 1 - Jester! It's from Marie Browning. If you happen to use Tombow Brush Pens you may already be familiar with Marie's work - she is an artist ambassador for Tombow and one awesome lady! Hope to see you here tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. I will do mine the way I do everything procrastinating🙄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great list of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully, hahahaha! we will find out as we go along

      Delete
  3. Super name - interesting seeing the variations that people are making in the group, more proof that an individual's tangle is always unique.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around