Gratitangles, 2020


November is traditionally the month we give thanks. Actually we should be thankful every day. Each of us has much to be grateful for - even if we have to look for it and think about it, there is something to be thankful for. A bed to sleep in, shelter, food, our health, someone that cares about us,  the blue sky, the green grass, the snow . . . uh, wait a minute! Hahahaha! But you get the idea. 

Remember, you can click any of these photo and see them enlarged. 


CZT (certified zentangle teacher) Lisa Anderson put together a list of tangles with the thought that we could draw each day with the prompts she provided. As you draw begin by thinking about what you are thankful for. Contemplate on your thankfulness as you tangle. It is a fun way to document and remember throughout the month of November. Above is the cover page for my Gratitangles journal. I made this book using Bristol Illustrated paper from Hahnemühle and bound it with my Bind-It-All. 2020 has been one messed up year . . . so I guess I could be thankful that 2020 is almost over? Hahaha! The cute little dragon card was sent to me by swap buddy Glenna Nash. I love it and wanted to keep it somewhere safe. I am thankful for swap buddies who 'get' me. 


I am really thinking this might be my way of tangling for the foreseeable future. I like working in a journal. And this paper can handle wet media when I want to use it. For the first week I worked on tiles - also cut from Bristol. I am trying something I have never done before. I am writing directly on the tile saying what I am thankful for. It feels sinful to write on the pieces of art but I am making myself do it anyway. Eek!



This is Lisa's list by days of the month of November. I post in my group each Friday giving them the prompts for the upcoming week. I did not get this posted here last Friday. Sorry. But I finally have all the step outs for the new book edited and I am almost ready to start building the book on the computer. Yayayay!!!!! But first, here are the step outs for the first twelve days of Gratitangles.


































And four digital strings to work with this week. These strings were created by my friend Genevieve Crabe and were part of my book Tangle Starts Strings. The book has 366 strings ready for you to tangle. Many people find creating strings difficult. In Tangle Starts Strings you can begin tangling right away. 

And that's it for this week's Gratitangles. We are doing this project in my Facebook group Tangle All Around and we would love to have you join us. You can find us by clicking here. Have a great, thankful week!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you, regina, soon this book will be complete and I will be able to get back to making art on a regular basis.

      Delete
  2. I too like the idea of working in a journal or sketchbook - that way you can track your progress too. I had to chuckle at the predicament your little dragon is in. I agree Ellish is a bit trickly - not sure I'm friends with that one at all, however........... those clusters of Printemps have such character with their little embellishments. Take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well you know me, printemps is my go-to when I don't know what else to do. hahahaha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around