Life in Tangles - New Book Just Released!


 






It has been awhile since I made a post and I have a great reason why. Life in Tangles is an awesome brand new book and it is available as of today on Amazon.com . I am so excited about this one! 92 artists from 18 different countries share 504 original tangle patterns in the book. 






Remember, you can click on each photo to enlarge it and see it better. I broke the book down into categories to make it easier for you if you are looking for a specific type of tangle. Here is a screen shot of Dawn George's beautiful Flame Flower tangle from the Organic category. Dawn has several more patterns in the book and they are all just as wonderful as this one! I love her artwork, too!


















From the traditional category, here is Britt-Bead from my dear friend Christine Reyes. Christine named this pattern in honor of her daughter. 












Most pages have more than one set of step outs on them. Life in Tangles is 258 pages long and that includes all 504 patterns, an index by tangle name with page numbers and a contributors list linking you up to those who do social media. 










I included a section on deconstructing your own patterns, including samples from a real life class taught by Canadian CZT Rhonda Roy. I had to get Rhonda to check all the names for me - I think there are three pages from this class - and all the Zeb . . . names had me so confused trying to keep them straight. Hahahaha! Rhonda said I have them all correct. So, if you want to learn how to make your own patterns you can. It is at the front of Life in Tangles. 









Here is a page of art I made for the book. You have seen this in an earlier post. Most of these patterns are included - rangoon, modulate, armz and weave.











This page includes the patterns Atc, Goose and Lucy. Step outs for each are in Life in Tangles












Here is one you haven't seen before - and it didn't make the book because that yellow did not scan well. But it does include patterns from Life in Tangles - pleatz, paprika, tines and BraceBridge (one word.)











This is the last one I will show you. It incorporates patterns: modulate, Lucy, frond, pleatz, weave, clover, rufz, blossom, flower wheel and petal. Probably my favorite page in the book. I wanted to show how you can use the different patterns together to create a fun piece of art. 







Available right now on most Amazon websites. It should be available at all Amazon sites within a few days. I think you will be amazed when you read the list of contributors names. There are some wonderful artists that gave their tangles for me to share with you. I will leave you with a link to the US Amazon site. I found that I have to type in 'Life in Tangles Alice Hendon' for it to pop up in my Amazon feed. Annoying. They are in the middle of some changes, hopefully this will work better soon, so this link takes you directly to the book page. Thank you so much for supporting my books!


Life in Tangles can be purchased here

Comments

  1. I just purchased it! Should be here Sunday and I am so excited. I am doing some Christmas cards and hope to incorporate some tangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! Thank you for supporting my books ❤️

      Delete
  2. Terrific that you've got it completed & well ahead of Advent so that you can enjoy the seasonal festivities. Congratulations. I too love that floral example of how to use the patterns in artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that floral piece caused the book to get kicked back the first time I submitted it. I had sized it wrong and it hung over the edge of the book, had to rework it, re-save it and re-submit it. I do like that page a lot!

      Delete
    2. Well - it was worth the reworking!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around