Art Journaling on a Gelli Print


Gelli prints. Over the last month or so I have shown you a lot of different techniques making monoprints. All my gel printing plates are from Gelli Arts and typically I work on various papers from Hahnemühle. Today I want to walk you through this art journal page I made for a swap using those products. And a few more. 













I began with this print made on Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle. I can see remnants of a couple different pulls and stencils and colors. This is the kind of page I love! Versatile and useful with practically any color scheme. Or just to keep and look at and make me smile on occasion. 









It did remind me of a beautiful garden kind of atmosphere, so I pulled out a bunch of butterfly collage pieces from Joggles. Barb has several butterfly sheets available. You can click here to see her collection.  I selected the butterflies I might want to use and put them through the sticker machine.





I began by inking the outer edges of the print with black Archival ink. It just gives the overall piece a more finished look. Then I started adding elements. The bike is a chipboard piece from long ago. I think it came free with a magazine. 









Here is a little strip of another print I like. A chance to add some flowers. However, I got a little sidetracked along the way and ended up hiding most of this flower piece. 










The sticker machine is a really great tool! All these butterflies went through the machine. Then all I had to do was remove the sticker backing paper and stick the butterflies in place. See what I mean about that flower piece? 





























Those dots were made with my Zig Clean Color Dot markers. Lately I have been using them on everything. A couple added sentiments and my page was complete. Super easy and a lot of that is because the base layer print brought so much power to the game. Monoprinting and the right paper make a perfect match!

Gel printing plates from Gelli Arts can be purchased here.

Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle can be purchased here

Comments

  1. You have the best eye for a great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those butterflies really catch the eye & make this such a colourful page. The bike with the flowers is great fun & a perfect foil to all the winged things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like that girl was riding the bike into a butterfly herd hahahaha! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun