Daily Journaling 2021


 


















Creative Crafty Friends has presented a challenge and I am all over it. Most days anyway. Hahaha! And it is just the 10th day of January, but so far I am hanging in there. The thought is to put a little something down each day in an art journal of sorts. Some thoughts, some art, some whatever makes you happy. And I thought . . . I can do this!


Back in 2013, I took an online class with Martha Lever called Lollapalooza. Or something like that. The spelling could be off. We worked in graph notebooks with two pages glued together for support. And we worked in blocks. I made it through two whole days before I gave up. This was my first page. Just bits of things I cut out and glued in. Pan pastels for color. The only thing I actually drew myself are the little row of hearts. I love the page, though, who doesn't love Tinkerbell?






And my page two. I have no idea what date this was, but probably a few days after page one. I really love the painted eyes. I wish I knew how to do this. The color and runs I can do. The eyes not so much. 









So when Creative Crafty Friends issued the prompt for daily art journaling, I thought about this book. A square Rhodia graph notebook. With every set of two pages glued together. Nothing fancy. January first. I did actually draw those zebras. And I had them put on a business card which is what I attached on the bottom of this page. 








January second. I tangled that tile as part of our Tangle All Around prompts for the month - Break Out of That Rut. 











Then apparently life happened for a couple days. This is my January 5th page. I tangled the tile and glued it in. The rabbit is a piece of magazine art from Mindy Lacefield - I love her work! I colored the page first using Schmincke watercolors. I really like this just glueing things in place thing. It is a freeing feeling. 








The tile began like this. Some Lindy's Magicals for the background, then some Vernice for the tangle. 











Those color bands are Wink of Stella pens, and the little white highlight dots are Sharpie paint pen. 


January 7th. My tangle art on the tile, the face is actually from Dina Wakley's Collage Collective











January 8th. I love these faces. I found them on Pinterest and printed them out years ago. The strip down the middle is part of a Dylusions Ink page. I tangled the tile. The round tile was colored with Tombows used like watercolors. 










Here is my tile initially. I tangled viola and sprigs. First time using sprigs and I like it. It's from Michele Beauchamp, my hero in the zentangle world. The background is Lindy's Magicals. 










I used Schmincke watercolor to add color to the flowers and leaves. A little white Sharpie paint pen along the vine and I like it!










January 9th. It was a busy day and I had little motivation to art. The one piece I made on this page is the colorful block under the dream quote. I used a Bamboo mixed media tile from Hahnemühle, Copics and a blender pen. 









And that brings me to today, the 10th. I tangled the tile last night. Torchon lace and Nelumba are the main tangles. Of course I threw in some printemps. The color came from Tombows used like watercolors. I also colored the round tile using Ecoline Brush Pens and water. 

I can see myself enjoying this easy, laid back kind of journaling. No pressure and lots of fun. Want to give a try? I'd love to see what you do!







Comments

  1. These pages are a delight to the eye! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I’ve tried daily journaling before with no luck. Maybe this will work for me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you ! they are so much fun! and now I am two days behind, but that's ok. I'll just start again today <3

      Delete
  3. I LIKE this idea! I can see how you find it so freeing. I've got bits & pieces of Christmas bits just waiting to be used which I was reluctant to throw away - bits of wrapping paper with interesting patterns - mind you, those I'm going to deconstruct for tangle projects. Being on furlough again means I'm going to get myself sorted out with some projects (I'm just clearing up Christmas correspondence today). This is such an interesting post - thanks for being so real with it all & do take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. being on furlough means not working but maybe it can also mean lots of time for art. and home projects. I'd love to see what you make <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around