Watercoloring A Monoprint


 














Here is another postcard I made as part of Tracy Weinzapfel's 5-Day Postcard Challenge class. All my postcards were the Nostalgie ones from Hahnemühle that I had previously monoprinted. I used a gel printing plate from Gelli Arts and got some marvelous results. 


This particular one was not my favorite. Actually it was probably my least favorite of all the prints I made that day. I thought using it for the class might turn it into something I liked. And it did exactly that. I was able to turn this card into my absolute favorite of all five we did in the challenge. 










We worked with watercolors. Look at how well the watercolor covered up that awful yellow yet left the lines of the flowers underneath. Perfect!












 

And one step at a time we built our design. Tracy charges for this class, so I am leaving out much of the steps. I can't give that to you for free. You need to sign up for her postcard challenge and get in on the fun!





We had a great time! These card projects are meant to be able to complete in about 30 minutes. Most people can carve 30 minutes out of their day to do something fun. 






The wording is a stamp. I do not have cool handwriting like this. I wish I did!







I get questions all the time asking what I use to make my white accents. This Sharpie paint pen is the best thing I've found. Notice that blue band around the bottom of the barrel with the words "water based".







It's all in the details. And what I learned from making these little hearts is that I am not very good at them. Hahahaha!







When I removed the painter's tape I saw the watercolor had bled under in a whole lot of places. Not cool on my favorite postcard. 



















Since we painted with watercolors I knew they would reactivate. So I took a wet paintbrush and wet those bleed through places, pulling the color around the border. Not perfect but it did two things. It helped make those areas a little less noticeable and in your face AND it covered up some of that awful yellow. Hahahahaha!

5-Day Postcard Challenge can be purchased here

Nostalgie Postcards can be purchased here

Comments

  1. You did such beautiful work for that class Alice! I can see why this is your favorite. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, sandra, it was a great class. tracy is so easy going and she is funny, keeps the class interesting. I really learned a lot

      Delete
  2. If you'd not mentioned the bleeding through of the watercolour & how you got round it I'd never have known. No Mistake there!!! An opportunity I'd say. This is a gorgeous postcard & I do love your white addition - really makes the whole pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really my favorite. (I think I say that about all of them) my white pen is almost empty. I tried to find one at the store today but no luck

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun