Working With Avro from Yvonne Westover


Yesterday I had the opportunity to join a Zoom lesson taught by Canadian CZT Yvonne Westover. The subject of the session was Yvonne's fun and limitless tangle called Avro. Which also happens to be one of the 500+ tangles included in my latest book Life in Tangles








Here is Avro as it shows in Life in Tangles, along with one of Yvonne's pieces of art showing Avro in the round. Based on the letter A, Avro offers many variations - or tangleations - and room for creativity.















This was my first attempt at working the tangle. We took that basic A shape and added it in each quarter with the top of the letter pointing towards the center. Mine did not line up as well as Yvonne’s did but this was a good learning step for me.  Contrary to what some people think my tangling doesn’t always turn out the way I would like it to and here is the proof. Hahahaha!






I like this one much better. We began with a double penciled circle and divided it all into eight sections. Each A segment points in towards the center. Can you see it? 








And my last tile. Same setup with the double circles in pencil, divided into eight sections. This time instead of pointing the A’s towards the center, we pointed them outward. I thought the bands looked like ribbons so I went with that idea to complete my tile. Avro has so many possibilities  I have only just begun to explore it. I’d love to see what you do with Avro. So would Yvonne 🤗 



Comments

  1. You take the coolest classes and always end up doing something spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that the book is done I have time to try some fun things for myself :)

      Delete


  2. Fascinating - just goes to show how versatile a tangle pattern can be once you start exploring all kinds of tweaks to it or using different strings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This tangle is really amazing. we did a couple other things with it but mine didn’t turn out too well. So I didn’t post those.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun