Falling Behind


 













Daily journaling mixed with The 100 Day Project and I am falling behind. Life interferes with my best plans, I'm sure you understand what I mean. Take today for instance. Yesterday saw Mark and I headed to Bangor for a nice meal and a trip to our brand new Michael's. Halfway there we were involved in a somewhat scary traffic accident. Not our fault but today we are having to do all the dealing with State Farm, the claims people, the business who backed over us . . . when will the phone calls stop? We thought we had it all taken care of yesterday, and now today is all but over and we are still on the phone. Mark is talking with State Farm Claims even now as I am typing. And because we live in the middle of nowhere the soonest they can get to the repairs on my car is a month from now. No bueno. We are both uninjured, just big time frustrated.



We have had estimates done and now the business that literally backed over the front of my jeep wants to complain about the repair costs. They have a $5000 deductible and I am sure they are going to have to pay that out of the business accounts. It happens. In the interim I am trying to calm down by making a post :) . :>) hmmm. does that make a face? hahahaha!

Day 43 (and I should be on day 54 today) in my Harmony cold pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle. I also used some of their Bristol for the tile and that little block my girl is sitting on - playing with her washi tape. Hahahaha! 








I love the color on these two pages. I watercolored them using the Prima Classics set. 






























Here you go. Watercolor and a strip of cute washi tape down the middle to divide up my days. 




And here we go with Day 45. Whoo hoo! I can't believe how dark those background colors are. Hahahaha! What was I thinking?????














Day 46. I love the gelli strip down the center! I had the most fun making these strips and I am almost out. That means it is time to pull out my Gelli Arts gel printing plates and get back to work! I love making the colorful monoprints! 

That's all for today's post. I will leave you with a few links in case you are interested. Have a great rest of your week!










Harmony Cold Pressed from Hahnemühle can be purchased here

Gelli Arts gel printing plates can be purchased here

Bristol from Hahnemühle can be purchased here

Comments

  1. Oh nooooooo!!! I am so sorry to hear your Jeep got run over! 😱 I can’t imagine ... thank goodness you’re both unhurt! And you were still able to post today. I’m very impressed, Alice. I know there’s no “behind” in Zentangle, but perhaps there is in art journaling and I imagine there definitely is in 100 Days of Art! Be kind to yourself. ❤️

    As always, your pages are just delightful, full of sunny color and adorable images. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, jan, I didn't even try to do my daily work today. I am painting flowers instead.

      Delete
  2. The Eye-Wa echoes the ladybird's (ladybug's) markings superbly & I had to giggle over the text next to your note about the upside down gelli strip. So sorry to hear about the jeep but very grateful neither of you were hurt. Yes - these admin things take an amazing amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have both had our hands full the past couple days <3

      Delete
  3. Where would we be without our art to help us unwind? My recommendation is that you start calling the challenge the 100 day project minus 11 and just forget about the days you've missed. You've proved in the past you can meet the challenge, and the only thing that will happen for missing this 11 days is that you'll relieve some of the stress you're under!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around