Building A Daily Journal Page















Daily journaling. Not something I am inclined to do naturally. I have tried in the past and made it a week or so, then gave up and quit. But . . . daily journaling this way is something I can do. In fact I have done it for 83 days in a row now. I had a request for a class on making these pages, until I can figure that out let me show you what I did to build this page. 

I am working in a Harmony Hot Pressed Watercolor book from Hahnemühle. The spiral version. I love the paper in this book. I started my page by layering on some watercolors. Nothing fancy because I knew a lot of it was going to be covered up before I was done. This was left to dry on its own which is why I have those sections with fanning and light feathered edges. 















While that was drying I started looking for elements to use with the page. Here is one of my drawers I keep gel prints and other color filled pages to use for projects such as this. 
















This is the page I went with. It is a gelli print I made for the book More Tangle Starts. The colors were perfect for this page. 




























I cut a 2.5" strip, blackened the edges with an Archival Ink Pad, and adhered it in place with some of Joggles new Sticky Stuff Tape


























Next I took my elements and worked with placement. I had two tangled tiles to use - one for April 22nd and one for April 23rd. With these larger pages I am able to fit two days worth of work on one page front. I had some Chris Ryniak pieces I printed out from Pinterest and colored to use.

























     
I ran these three pieces through my sticker machine, then trimmed them out with some tiny little detail scissors. And a new pair of reading glasses! Hahahaha!



























And last, I adhered everything in place. The half circles are pieces I gel printed with my Gelli Arts gel printing plate to use for journaling. The word blocks are pieces from Dylusions that I watercolored. And lastly I used my Zig Clean Color Dot pens to tie everything together. These pages are so much fun to do and they are super easy. Even if they do look hard. 

Hahnemühle's Harmony Hot Pressed Watercolor journal can be purchased here
Gelli Arts' Gel Printing Plates can be purchased here.
More Tangle Starts can be purchased here

Comments

  1. Thank you for all you do! Best wishes on your new location 🎉🎊💐❤️

    Hugs Phillis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I must have missed this one! I like the way your central strip is a sort of lilac colour & your two journalling semi-circles are as well, so the eye moves from left to middle to right, taking in all of the two pages. I must say though that the tangled tile on the right catches my eye - so simple yet so effective that it stands out, tying the orange parts of the tangle up with the orange dots from the dot pen is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy making these pages. making them for myself. Mark built me a shelf to store my completed journals on. yay!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around