Some Tangle Time


 













Short post today but I did want to share the tangle pieces I've worked on lately. I am still chugging along with The 100 Day Project. Will I be sad when it's done? No, not at all. Hahahahaha! I am happy with the way I've kept up with the project this year, but it is hard to squeeze the time in each day. Some days I have more time, some days I have absolutely no time. I am loving working in this book from Hahnemühle, though! It is their Harmony hot pressed watercolor book. That means the pages are smooth surfaced and they can handle wet media. Hahahaha! There is my paper expertise in a nutshell and I shared it with you. This page shows day 86 and 87. The background was created with a new stencil from Stencil Girl and a couple ink pads and a blending tool. Fun and super simple. The tangles are my own designs: Shiretown (named after the area we live in here in Maine) and Satin & Silk. Both are easy and versatile. 
















I love this page! So busy and bright and bold and happy! All the things I love to do with my art! But, I can not take credit for the majority of this background. It is actually a magazine page I saved from who knows what magazine. I am pretty sure the original art is Art By Marlene, and this was a magazine feature on her. I did add a few bits and scraps on top of it just to liven it all up some more. Cause that's what I do. Hahahahaha! The squirrel was drawn by Chris Ryniak and I colored it. The journal circle was gel printed with my Gelli Arts printing plate. The date blocks are part of a gel print sent to me by Beth Broadway. She 'gets' me. Tangles are  - well, I didn't like the tangle for Day 88 even though I am the person who chose the tangles - so I substituted Diva Dance Rock n Roll instead. Day 89's tangle is sponge star by Claudia. And just like that four days of the project are now shared with you. 

Two things I need help with:

  • I seriously have no idea what to do in Tangle All Around once the project is complete and that date is coming up quickly. A month long project works great if you have any ideas to give me. 
  • The service that mails these posts to you automatically is going to cease to exist in July and I am having trouble finding easy to use email subscription services that work with Blogger or Blogspot. Those of you who blog with this platform, what email subscription service are you changing to? 
Harmony Watercolor products from Hahnemühle can be purchased here
Gelli Arts gel printing plates can be purchased here

Comments

  1. Have you looked at MailChimp? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsD2rhAxzSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I’m trying now and I can not get it to work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I don't know anything about it ... I just know OF it ... perhaps https://www.boldermail.com/ could do what you're looking for. It was developed by "The Postman's Knock" Lindsey Bugbee's husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I've looked at that in the past and I think I have to have a crazy number of followers - which I don't - but I will look again. thanks, jan <3

      Delete
  4. Well in July, you could co-ordinate with World Watercolor Month, either just by having people use watercolor or watercolor pencils, or by following the prompts that month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is an excellent idea and I have it written down. thanks! <3

      Delete
  5. These two spreads are amazing opposites - the first quite understated in comparison with the very bright & busy second one. Love the way you used Footlites with the two text blocks about light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you always find something I did unintentionally that just works together really well - like those footlites and the notes about light. I did not plan that but it really works!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around