And The 100 Day Project is Complete for 2021


 














The 100 Day Project, 2021 is a done deal √ and I completed every day! Yay!!! And along the way I discovered a new way of journaling that works for me. Perhaps it could work for you, too! Let me show you my final pages for this year's project so you can see what I mean.

This page for Days 96 and 97 began as a smokin' hot mess! I can't even tell you how many layers of paint is on this page! I started with stencil butter and rolled four colors on with a brayer. I had some great color but it was too dark. I took some Shimmery Goodness which is a soft white and rolled that over the top. Then the color was too flat. I took two shades of Shimmer Shimmer paint and rolled over the whole mess and was much happier. But not totally happy. Along came some shots of bubblegum pink Dylusions Ink Spray. And I was happier. Hahahahahahah! I continue to work in my Harmony hot pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle - which is a good thing because a lot of papers would not have held up to the torture I gave it with all those colors. And no color seeped through to the back - thankfully - because I have two days worth of work on the other side. That is a gel print strip down the middle, the half circles are, too. They were made with my gel printing plate from Gelli Arts
















I wanted a whole page for Mother's Day so this one is a little out of order. Day 99. Nothing too fancy going on here. I wanted to focus on the card from Mark - with his permission I glued the whole thing in here. And on the flowers from my son and his family. That's an alcohol ink piece at the top of the page. The quotes are a little hard to see in this photo but they are there along the right hand side. 
















And the final days - 98 and 100! Yay!!!!! What a feeling of accomplishment! Over the past three years I completed the project each time - because I felt like I had to. Because I was the leader and it was expected of me. This year I found a better way - thanks to Creative Crafty Friends where we are daily journaling. Combining the two made it easier for me. More of the old days scrapbooking style really spoke to me. The tangling is still here every day, along with gelli printing, ink spraying, alcohol inking - all the fun stuff I like to do! And this is something I feel like I can continue. And plan to. Will I do The 100 Day Project again next year? Absolutely! Hahahaha! And I hope you will join me. 

Harmony journals from Hahnemühle can be found here

Gel printing plates from Gelli Arts can be found here

Comments

  1. I can't IMAGINE committing to creating and posting every single day for a week let alone 100 days in a row!!! Bravo, Alice! I love your colorFULL, painted, tangly, sprayed, pasted, rolled, bordered art complete with dodads, sayings and layers of fun. You absolutely amaze me with your creativity and stick-to-it-iveness. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, jan, it was a lot of work and a huge commitment. but it was fun and I had a blast

      Delete
  2. Congrats on completing the 100 day project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sandra, this year I didn't have to make myself do it. it was fun for once

      Delete
  3. How lovely to hear your enjoyment of the project this year. That first spread really caught my eye with the shape of that strange creature's eye - echoing the owl's wings., that tangle flower shape to the left & then Cruffle (I think) on the tile to the right. Your family know your penchant for drawing flowers too - gorgeous memories to keep in your journal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around