Nearing the Finish Line


 














The 100 Day Project is nearing the finish line. Hard to believe, but it is true! Here are days 90 and 91 in my Harmony hot pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle. This book has been perfect for the project. I am fitting two day's work on each side of a page. And since it is a watercolor book I can incorporate wet media. It is perfect! All the tiles for the entire project were cut from Hahnemühle's Bristol paper. 















Easily one of my favorite pages. Days 92 and 93, the tangles are starfish double barrel and Undling. Down the middle is a gelli print strip made with a printing plate from Gelli Arts. I have a load of printing plates - shhh! I probably shouldn't say how many - and they are all from Gelli Arts. That dotted bit? Thank you for asking, the color is Stencil Butter from The Crafters Workshop. I've been working on my stock, I now have nine colors of butter. Yay!!!















I mentioned the Harmony is a watercolor book. To start this next page I just slopped a bunch of my favorite colors on the paper. Schmincke watercolor but any brand you have works just fine. I didn't worry about the overall look because I knew a good bit of this would be covered up anyway. I just got a lot of color on the page and let it completely dry. 
















Then I started adding my bits and bobs to the page. And about this point with Pickett, Newt and the Potter gang - I made a big realization. 















Days 94 and 95. Or May 4th and 5th, as in May the 4th Be With You. My brain went straight to Harry Potter. Totally the wrong movie, wrong series. Hahahahahaha! I should have been thinking Star Wars and I totally knew that! But by then it was way too late. Those little planner stickers are made to hang in there forever. I couldn't remove them without tearing up paper underneath. So Harry Potter celebrating Star Wars is what it is now. Hahahahaha! May the 4th be with you!

Hahnemühle's Harmony series can be purchased here

Gelli Arts printing plates can be purchased here




Comments

  1. This Harmony Journal is going to be a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely a yellow theme in the first spread not to mention the dotty spots: moving from left to right the eye is caught by those paint pen (or whatever they're called) spots, then the dragon's head & claw, those stencil butter circles have yellow in them & then on the right the yellow Undling; AND you've even got circular elements in each part, dragon claw & Printemps included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the dot pens - so easy to use and they work great!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around