Daily Journaling With Hahnemühle

My daily journaling has fallen behind as other life's issues push in. But I'm trying! Hahahaha! Trying and I would like to show you what I've accomplished this past week. 















ICAD is a fun idea. Using an index card each day to create some art. In Tangle All Around I am giving them a pattern to go with the daily ICAD prompt. The wedding got me behind, but I am playing catch up as I have time. 

The blog has been a major issue. Most of you will receive this post in an email. That service is being discontinued as of July, so Christine and I have been looking for another service. The ones I've used in the past - MailChimp and Mail Poet - will not work with Blogger. We set up an account with Constant Contact and we are trying to send the posts out in emails through them. So far it hasn't worked. If you should get an email with this post and it says it has been sent by Constant Contact, please comment on this post and let me know. Please. Ok, this page contains Days 13 and 14 of ICAD. Prompts were dice and ribbon, tangles were Star-X and embellish. The little guys are downloads of Chris Ryniak art that I colored. 















Sorry about that lengthy paragraph. <3 Days 16 and 19. Jumping around, catching up. Prompts were trinket and sand. I opted not to use any tangles on these two. Hahahaha! I wanted to draw a Tracy flower on each card, and I haven't remembered for most of them, but I did on this one. Yay!!!! And that's another Chris Ryniak right there. I love his art! This is a good time to point out that I am working in my Harmony hot pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle. It is holding two days worth of ICAD on each page just fine! 















And here is my last page for ICAD. Still not caught up but not worried about it. Days 20 and 21. Prompts were inkwell and bridge, tangles were pezino and MXII. Those are some alcohol ink pages in the background. I just cut a piece in half and glued it down separately. Hopefully I will get back to some of the ICAD prompts soon. 



And I made this. I love it! I know I showed this to you earlier, but I am not sure that email went out. So I wanted to include it again. It is my favorite of all the flowers and floaters I have done so far. It's on Strathmore watercolor paper. World Watercolor Month is coming up and we are all getting ready! Hope you are going to join in! 












Harmony Hot Pressed watercolor paper from Hahnemühle can be purchased here

Comments

  1. I didn't get the email (yet anyway), but I love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This email issue is really getting to me

      Delete
  3. I got the Constant Comment email via my yahoo account. That little pink guy with the teal cup looks like he's not a morning person! I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! And yes, I have to have my coffee in the morning, too

      Delete
  4. Hi Alice

    I received an email from constant contact last Sunday, and another at 20.22 British Summer Time (I think 15.22 EDT) 23rd June and the email from feedproxy@google at 03.55 BST 24th June (22.55 EDT 23rd June).

    Hope this helps

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help. 3 people have received the emails. And I’ve posted 4 times now. I’ve only received the email once. I’m thinking I’m going to have to drop the subscribe by email because I can’t find one that works with blogger

      Delete
  5. Hi Alice, I receive two emails for each Blog post - one from Constant Contact with link to ‘read more’ and one with full Blog in email👍🏻😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry. I’m trying to get rid of both email services now. Thsnks for letting me know.

      Delete
  6. Hi Alice, I now receive TWO emails for each Blog post - one from Constant Contact with link to 'read more' AND one with a full blog in email :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this came through on Constant subscription as well as the old one. Sorry you’re having such a hard time of it. Those two creatures in the first spread really do look as if people are not their thing at all. Love the way you’ve used the ribbon tangle on that ICAD with the two half floral tangles placed diagonally (I’m sure there’s a proper word for that arrangement but can’t find it in my head).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This has been a real pain with no easy solutions. And thank you for the lovely comments on my art. Enjoying working this way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun