ICAD Has Begun


 












ICAD has begun and it is the first year I have participated! ICAD stands for Index Card a Day. The thought is anyone can take a simple 4" x 6" (or smaller) index card and create some kind of art on it. Doesn't matter what you do, just make art. And do it each day during the months of June and July. Sounds kind of like The 100 Day Project to me except it's on index cards are there are just 61 days. Other than that exactly the same. Hahaha! Let's jump in!
















You have already seen the first three days of June. Here are days 4 and 5. The prompts were snow globe and verdigris. Yes, I did have to look that word up to see what it means. Sorry. Hahahahaha! The tangles I used are Avro and Pypyz. The little Florida gator is a drawing by Chris Ryniak. I love his critters! I colored it with Copics. Working in my Harmony hot pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle, this is a mix of gelli print roll off, watercolors, ink, stenciling ala Christine and gemstones. 















Days 6 and 7. Day 7 is my favorite so far. Of course, we aren't even halfway through yet. Hahahaha! Prompts were twist and canoe. Tangles are Alitos and Fish n Fish. Yeah, no canoe happened on this page. I did add in a floral sun, some cool word sentiments and alcohol ink pages. 
















And then we left for Kali's wedding. I missed a week's worth of cards but I will slowly catch up. I jumped in on days 14 and 15. More alcohol ink cards, more Chris Ryniak and watercolor. And I got a new little sewing machine because my other one died. Actually the bobbin casing broke and we couldn't figure out how to fix or replace it. The machine was old. This new one works just great! 

Next up? Organizing all the photos I took in Colorado. We had a great week and the wedding was beautiful and fun! Can't wait to share it with you!

Want to join in on ICAD? Not my idea, it was designed by Tammy Garcia at Daisy Yellow. I added the tangle prompts and you can join in with us at Tangle All Around on Facebook. Hope to see you there!

Harmony Hot Pressed Watercolor Journal from Hahnemühle can be purchased here

Join Tangle All Around by clicking here




Comments

  1. That seems such a sensibly relaxed way of keeping up with ICAD challenge. Recommencing on the day it’s supposed to be stops that sense of being behind/missing the mark catching up can then be done as and when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for sure. otherwise I would never catch up - I would get discouraged. now I can catch up if I want to :) but not feel behind

      Delete
  2. Your ICAD cards are adorable! They'd make a fabulous journal, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are definitely fun to make, my favorite part is coloring the little characters

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Working With Avro from Yvonne Westover