Daily Journal Shenanigans


 













Shenanigans! Did I spell that right? Hahahahaha! I love working in my journal every day. Well, at least most days. Some days I have too many other obligations and not enough me-time. But on June 24th and July 2nd - I had time to make art and then make a page in my Harmony hot pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle. Most of the critters on my pages - like this little bird - are the drawings of Chris Ryniak that I add color to and use. 



Usually you can enlarge these photos by clicking on them. You need to see that top left piece. Those colors are from FINETEC and they shimmer and shine like crazy! Shenanigans I tell you! The flower was also painted with their colors. And the background. FINETEC Premium Rainbow Colors. 




My ICAD cards turned into painting pieces. Not following the prompts closely,  but loosely. The background is a piece of alcohol ink art I made many years ago. This is an excellent place to 'save' it. Flowers are painted with FINETEC Rainbow Colors. Fun set. I wish you could see these pages in person. And the cute little guy - I have no idea what she is - is another Ryniak piece. Shenanigans afoot! 


My pages are out of order and all jumbled up! Can you tell I love bright color? Hahahahaha! This background is Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint. Say that fast 10 times! Hahahaha! The ICAD card is a gelli print I made, then drew and watercolored over. So, watercolor on top of acrylics. Behind the card is a strip of handmade paper from the Japanese Paper Place


Then to thoroughly confuse those looking for daily journaling pages - shenanigans - here is a piece I painted for World Watercolor Month.  The prompt was gnarled so I painted the Gnarled Ash Flower. It is actually from a video game. I googled it. Hahahahaha! I don't think it is a real thing. 


I also painted this for a review I am working on. It is in the Hahnemühle Grey Toned Watercolour Book. Painted with Daler Rowney Aquafine watercolor pans. 










And I will leave you with this. Tangle All Around is turning six this month. Actually on August 29th, and to celebrate I am giving away awesome art supplies all month long! What you see in this photo is just what I am giving away this week! Donated by Hahnemühle, Zebra Pen, Gelli Arts, Jennifer Jones, Leda Art Supply and FINETEC. If you want to join in you must be a member of Tangle All Around. You can join us by clicking here and answering three simple questions. I will give you a hint, the answers should read Artangleology, yes, and yes. Hahahaha! Or something similar. I just need to know you are a person and not a machine, or hacker, or serial killer or terrorist. I am sure you understand, cause . . . . shenanigans are afoot! 

Comments

  1. Your journal pages are so awesome, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice,
    Your journal pages are so colorful, fun and inspiring!
    🤗🌺💐🌹👩🏻‍🎨
    Phillis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, I love working like this

      Delete
  3. I can see the shimmer on those paints - those ribbon tangles in white over the FINETEC look superb & then the added texture (& colour) of the stitching just completes that one into quite a mesmerising piece. Isn't it lovely to have the flower co-ordinating with the FINETEC too - yes I did enlarge the piece you suggested & yes you really do see the shimmering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do shimmer and they are gorgeous! I'll be giving a set away in Tangle All Around this month

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun