Journaling With FINETEC Rainbows















Daily journaling is a great idea! But an idea that is hard to follow through with. Unless you are motivated by easy to reach and use supplies like the ones I used on this journal page. FINETEC Premium Rainbow Colors and alcohol ink backgrounds. Let me show you what I did. 


I began with a 4" x 6" piece of Hahnemühle Bristol, cut to size for the ICAD project. For color I used a new set I got at Michael's - the FINETEC Premium Rainbow pearlescent colors. Lots of shimmer and shine and sparkle, the colors look different from different angles. I already had in mind to draw two flowers, so I used the Purple pan and loosely circled out two flowers. Then I filled a good bit of the background with Crystal Gold - beautiful, yummy color! 



Impatient me used a heat gun to completely dry the color before I started drawing. To tangle the florals I used an Ultra Fine Sharpie. 


I also  used a white Posca Paint Pen to add highlights. The prompt for the day was oasis, so I added that in stamp format. Even though the color was totally dry I was able to use a wet paintbrush to smooth out the edges of that gold section to make it flow better. And it worked great. Last, I used my little craft sewing machine to add some zigzag stitches around the edges. It is my new thing. Hahahaha! And I learned how to change a bobbin. Cool. 

If my journal pages are new to you - I can fit two of the 4" x 6" cards onto one page. So I share a page with two days, then I add other bits and pieces, quotes and sometimes thoughts to round out the day. This spread I wanted to keep simple so I could focus on the lovely florals. And believe it or not, I painted this flower with the same Purple I used in the first card. I just used less water which kept the color darker. I drew first, then colored. And yes, purple is correct. When I hold this card to the side, I can see purple color. 


Using the ultra fine Sharpie, I traced and back lined each petal. The white Posca Paint Pen added some great highlights and completed that center section. 


To finish my card I added the stamped prompt of Dahlia, stitched around the edges, and I inked the outer edges of both cards with black Archival ink. 















I centered a finished piece of alcohol ink art on my page, then added the two cards. The critter on the lower left is a Chris Ryniak that I added color to. Little critters and some word art finished my page. Not too busy and the focus remains on the beautiful rainbow FINETEC colors on my florals. 

Daily journaling is something I really enjoy. You can do it any way that works for you. I build the pages in my Harmony Hot Pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle. Since January I have filled almost four of these books with daily journaling. Mainly for projects I have us working on in Tangle All Around. Right now we are working on ICAD (Index Card a Day) and World Watercolor Month. For the group I am providing a tangle to use each day along with the prompt. I usually do those as well but for some reason I never quite got around to it these two days, but that is ok. I am daily journaling the way that works for me. And you should, too! 

Harmony Hot Pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle can be purchased here.

FINETEC Rainbow Pearlescent Colors can be purchased here

Hahnemühle Bristol can be purchased here


Comments

  1. This is so cool, Alice! You're doing amazing things with the Finetec paints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sandra, their colors are beautiful and the paint is thick and yummy. I don't have anything else like these paints

      Delete


  2. Delightful to hear/see you so relaxed with daily (ish) journalling. That dahlia is gorgeous & I rather like the understated effect you created with the whole spread - as you say the florals take centre stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying working this way. I guess you can tell. hahahaha! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun