Peek-a-Boo Technique


Wowzer! Look at that gorgeous color! That background extends right through the flowers in what I am calling a Peek-a-Boo Technique! 

This began with a video I watched from Tracy Weinzapfel. For paper I chose the new Agave Watercolor paper from Hahnemühle, part of their Natural Line. And you know how much I love beautiful color! Believe I not I used just three colors for this whole background! Can you guess what they were? 



Since this was a paid for lesson taught by Tracy, I am bypassing the tutorial steps. I will leave you a link at the bottom to check out Tracy's sessions. 



From there to here. Wow! What a jump! And it is one we will work with more down the road. For now I just want to point out how the background flows across the page, even showing through the florals. I love it! And I think the Peek-a-Boo name I picked out is the perfect one! 



But could I re-create the same effect? For this piece of art the color is all FINETEC Premium pearlescent watercolors and let me tell you they are amazing! In fact I am going to be reviewing them very soon! All I needed to do here was finish with some pen work. 



These colors are darker than I normally work with. Darker and richer and luxurious. I love it! And yes, I was able to create a second piece of peek-a-boo art! I am sure there is probably a more technical name somewhere for this technique but I like the name I picked out! 













Side note, I am still working with email issues and today's post is a test to see if the fixes 'took.' You may be receiving each post into your email twice and I apologize for that. We are working on a fix for that. 

To read more about Tracy Weinzapfel's art and projects, click here and here

Hahnemühle's Agave Watercolor paper can be purchased here

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous painting! Those metallics are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should paint with them - they shimmer - for real!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you so much, kris <3

      Delete
    2. You are inspiring me to get my watercolors out again!

      Delete
    3. Got them out and get to painting 🤗

      Delete
  3. Love that brown & grey version - stunning with the black & white linework of the florals. Yes - two notifications this time. I'm not worried by the duplication - just grateful to not miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully that original notification will stop soon and we will just have the new one. the one with all the color :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around