Tips to Create Daily


 













Making art on a daily basis is one of the best things you can do for yourself. I challenged myself with this idea back in January and apart from a week spent away for a wedding, I have pretty much been able to make a little art every day. And it has made a world of difference. 


It helps to find an ongoing project to keep you inspired. Right now that is ICAD - Index Card a Day. Make a little art on an index card and call it good. √ 



Have other options on hand. I don't always feel like drawing or painting. For those days I keep a stack of ready to color drawings on hand. Mostly found on Pinterest while searching for free coloring pages. I love these Chris Ryniak art pieces - always fun. I print them out and color them with Copic markers. I try to pop a colored image in on every page. And I give credit to the original artist. That first page up top was for June 9 and 18, days #9 and #18 of ICAD. I used a couple Chris Ryniak drawings, some FINETEC Premium watercolored flowers, alcohol ink backgrounds and some fun stitching. 














Enlist your collage drawer. The background was actually the cover of the box my iPad came in. It was so pretty and had just my colors. So I saved it for the right time. And June 17 was the right time - day #17 of ICAD. 


June 22, Day #22. I was playing with those Aquafine watercolor inks I showed you a couple days ago. Don't be afraid to experiment. Almost everything I know about art I learned from playing and experimenting. True story. 















Incorporate art from friends. The floral piece you see in the top left and lower right is a piece of Robin Mead's beautiful art she sent me a couple years ago. A postcard she painted and stitched around. I love her art style and color sense so much! I had been saving this piece for something special and thought it would look great with the other florals on my page and the background colors. So I cut it in half and used it to tie my whole page together! Thank you, Robin! And yes, that is another Chris Ryniak critter :) 


Think outside the box. Hahahaha! Not because this was my box top, but don't be afraid to do something a little different. I love these snarky bits from Tim Holtz. He always knows what to say. 

Whether it is 5 minutes a day or 15 minutes a day, give yourself an art break and smile!


For my daily journal I work in a Harmony Hot Pressed watercolor journal from Hahnemühle. I can usually fit two days onto one page. You can purchase the Harmony by clicking here

Comments

  1. Great ideas for keeping the muse working, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra, hopefully you only received the one email with the post. It sent to me three times. I don’t understand why it isn’t consistent. Very frustrating

      Delete
  2. I love your ideas, Alice! I always feel I should create something "substantial" every day, but really ... that just adds stress. :( I have a small stack of adult coloring books I bought years ago - before Zentangle thoroughly infiltrated my life! I think I'll just pull one out and leave it as an "opportunity" when I need it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a great idea for when you just don’t feel like thinking about it. And many coloring pages can also be tangled.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love that first piece - all golden oranges with a brown flower. Your colour wheel idea worked beautifully & it ties in so well with your 'iPad box' background. I'm only getting one email notification now - consistently. So something has got fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thank you for letting me know. I still don't have a way for new people to subscribe, going to be calling Constant Contact for help Monday. and these pages - I love making them. I think they are "my thing" - at least for now. until I learn something else. hahahahaha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun