Yesterday's Stamped Tags

Yesterday I showed you a few stamps I made using sheets of art foam. We used them to stamp on three tags and today I want to show you what I did with those tags. Super simple project using bits and pieces of scraps you have on hand. 



Here are the tags and journal page I made in yesterday's post, as well as the three stamps I made. 

I wanted to do something more with the tags. I had a swap that required one handmade tag, I figured this would be a good way to make that happen. You know I like bright colors, so I reached first for a bottle of yellow acrylic. Walmart has small bottles just like this on their craft aisle. Inexpensive is the important part to remember. The tags themselves I got from Joggles back when Barb ran a crazy sale of $10.00 for 100 tags. Nice, heavy, sturdy, and this size is 3" x 6". I bought two different sizes while Barb was being crazy. 


I squeezed out a drop of color straight onto each tag, then used a brayer to roll the color up and down. I could have just as easily brushed the color on with a brush, but rolling is so much fun! 


Next I brought out a product I haven't used much before. Dylusions came out with a line of Shimmer Sprays that store laying on their sides. To keep all that fun shimmer from sticking to the bottom of the bottle. Fresh lime is one of my go-to's when I use Dylusions' other products so that is what I grabbed. 


Shimmer is usually next to impossible to photograph and these Shimmer Sprays are no exceptions. All those areas where you see the green sprayed on  - those are all shimmery when you turn the tags to admire from side to side. 



I had some FINETEC Premium Pearlescent watercolors sitting on my desktop, so I painted on a few of their colors. Adding to the shimmer effect. You know . . . the one you can't see in these photos. 



Book text. Book text makes a great layer. And you can leave it as is, or add product over it. Seal it with a layer of matte medium or clear gesso or something similar so the edges don't peel up. Dry these tags completely before moving on.


I wanted to build on that pink color in my stamped circles. Onto each book text addition I placed one drop of light rose Ecoline Liquid Watercolor. I sprayed water right on top of the drop and tilted the tag letting the color run. I also used a paint brush to spread it around, then a heat gun to dry and make what runs I could. I love the way it looks. 


Those dots are from a new stencil I got recently - it is a Dylusions Stencil but any stencil with dots would work. I used a blending tool and a stamp pad to rub ink over the stencil in various places on my tags. The white is a Posca Paint Pen - it seems to work on everything. 






Additions: some pen work, a Dylusions word block, a gelli print leftover scrap and that Hope circle was cut from a magazine. And my tag was complete. This is the one I sent for the swap. I love how that word block turned out. I painted the color onto the white background. I think I have one more of these in my little bag for another time. 





































You may remember I started with three tags. These are the two I kept for myself. They will end up in my daily journal at some point. Save your scraps and little bits of pretty paper. You can use them down the road. Words from magazines, pretty pictures you don't want to lose, we can always find a way to include them. Honest. 

Yesterday I made two more stamps and I stamped four more tags and another journal page background. And I heard from a lot of you that were going to make some stamps of your own. I would love to see them. I am so happy I could inspire you to do something totally fun.

If you are not already subscribed to my blog, there is a subscribe block in the left sidebar. And it is easy to do. 


 

Comments

  1. These are bright, bold and beautiful!!! As always, Alice, thank you for sharing your process! You inspire me. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you will make some tags, too

      Delete
  2. Those turned out so cool, and the sentiment is perfect. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear you chuckling away - those word blocks are so apt for each individual design. I particularly like the way your tie-dyed sheep one has those bright colours on it reflecting the very nature of tie-dying..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sad when that word block is all gone - I think I have one more. I should use it in my daily journal, make a special page for it. hahahahaha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun