Fall Into Fall Tangling




















September was a busy month of tangling. One section at a time. September has thirty days. My Facebook group Tangle All Around worked on one large piece of tangled art - a little each day during the month of September. This is my completed project. Let me walk you through what we did.




I began with a 10.5" tile that I sprayed with bubblegum pink and lemon zest Dylusions Ink Sprays. Seriously my favorite colors of choice that aren't watercolors. The template in the middle is what I gave my group to work with and I encouraged them to design their own thirty day template if they wanted to. And a few did. 




I began by tracing a 2" tile in the center and added all the pencil lines to divide my tile into thirty sections. If you count you will notice there are not thirty spaces. Yet. I was still adding lines. For the second square I traced a 4.5" tile. This is a tangle time when it is a good idea to pull out that ruler! Hahahahaha! 




Each week during September I gave the group a tangle for each day. I had a lot of health things going on in September, so I was grateful to spend no more than five minutes a day adding the tangle for that date. Anywhere on the tile I wanted. 




And each week there were seven more tangles. I just went with the flow. I tried to keep my grid patterns close together. I love that section of viaduct at the bottom.  At the end of the post I will give you a list of all thirty patterns. You can do them in any order you wish. 



There is no right or wrong. Any way you do this is the right way. Honest. Hahahaha! How often do you hear that? Almost never. There is a section here called Zanella. Sandra designed the tangle. On the left, second from the bottom. That ended up being my favorite part of the entire tile. 







At some point I pulled out a clear glitter gel pen and started adding sparkles here and there. They are so hard to photograph. 




I tried including black where I could. For contrast. And I shaded as I went. And added white highlights into each section. It is all about balance. And faithfulness. 






More sparkles. And highlights. 






This section looked great with the sparkles and the contrast and highlights. 





















And before I knew it all thirty tangles were on my tile. Yes, I did work ahead of schedule. I'm in charge of the project so I like to stay a step ahead. When I can. Hahahaha! Who am I trying to kid? My members are usually one step ahead of me! Don't be intimidated. You can totally do a piece of art like this. Remember? No wrong or right? Just do it √ and it will be amazing! I promised you a list of tangles. Here they are:

Karobo, maeby, mack, rain, o-cee, Olluan, Oritigol, trisnail, tropicapod, callasei, viaduct, wyse, yew-dee, orciolo, pokeroot, pokeleaf, paripera, zanella, tamisolo, step-up, revolution, praa, mookaflower, ratoon, onamato, mak-rah-mee, koolapopper, geared, capullo and indy rella

Need a tangle place to hang out? Come join us in Tangle All Around. We are getting geared up for Octangling in the month of October. It's another month long project that everyone can do. Even brand-new never-tangled-before beginners. For real.

Not a subscriber? If you would like to receive each of my posts straight into your email inbox, scroll up. There is a subscribe block in the left sidebar. I'd love to have you join up with us. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra, tangling this way takes the stress away from the decision making process

      Delete
  2. Beautiful piece! I saw all the Tangle members show their stuff, amazing! Wish I could have joined! Busy life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your life is going to slow down one day. I’ll wait for you 🤗

      Delete
  3. All those links must have taken you hours! This is a fascinating way to do a little tangling daily & to complete something by the end of the month. So good you were able to at least pick up a pen with a tangle each day even if only for a few moments. I know I have to have a pencil plus paper in my handbag - you never know when an emergency might arise & sitting in A&E (Accident and Emergency: your ER) with said paper & pencil has kept me occupied & absorbed so as not to overthink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to fly a lot and always had supplies to tangle in the airports

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun