Ocean Mini Art Journal


 



















Art has been hard to come by lately. Hard to make myself concentrate and focus to actually work on something. A couple weeks ago I showed you a mini art journal I made as part of a class with Marjie Kemper. Well I made another. Took me an entire week, I did a lot of staring out the window as I "worked" but I got it done. And I love it! This is my cover. And this time I worked with a theme throughout the book. 



My plan is just run these pages and let you see them. I did want to tell you I used two sheets of 8.5" x 12" Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle to make this 22-page book. The critters are all from Chris Ryniak and the miracle of Pinterest. Colored with my Copic markers. 























 

































Wasn't that fun? And these pages have a lot of sparkle that you just can't see in a photograph. Pages cut to three different sizes and sewn into two signatures. That background color is various shades of Tim Holtz' Distress Inks. I really love how this book turned out. I liked the first book I made, but this one followed a theme and was more cohesive. Is that the right word? Hahahaha! 

Thank you for the continued prayers. I still have pain when I breathe deeply or yawn. Sneezing is like being knifed in the chest so I try real hard not to sneeze. I was told yesterday the earliest a pulmonologist could get to me would be sometime in early 2022. We are overrun by Covid patients and literally have three hospitals in Maine that have a pulmonologist at all. I was able to locate the hospital report for the cat scan I did last week and it indicates there might still be a need for a surgical procedure to drain more fluid from around my lung. I so do not want to do that but I will if I have to. So prayers are really appreciated. Love you guys! You are my people and I am so thankful you are here!

Want to subscribe and receive each post straight to your email inbox? Scroll up and look in the left sidebar There is a subscribe block there. Thanks! 

Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle can be purchased here

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you so much! it was a lot of fun to make and brought me much happiness and smiles

      Delete
    2. That's so good. I think positive thoughts go a long way in healing. I am sending you good thoughts, too.

      Delete
  2. I love them all dear Alice. All the little guys and the bright colors are so lovely!!! Well done! 👍👍😍👋😘🤩🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a lot of fun and you know how much I love color <3

      Delete
  3. Your journal is amazing, Alice! You've taken the Chris Ryniak creatures and put them into fabulous compositions and luscious color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so much fun to work with I wish I could draw like he does

      Delete
  4. This journal really made me laugh. So much fun in this. Continuing to pray for you. It is not fun when you have difficulty breathing. Stay strong and positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, it isn't fun. at all. thank you for the prayers. I know prayer works and I believe it has helped me get to this point. glad I could give you a laugh today <3

      Delete
  5. This is one of your many bests!! Hang in there Alice....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journaling is not only good for you but it brings a smile to many. I must confess that I often "borrow" some of the quotes you use to pass on to my friend. She is fighting stage 4 colon, liver, lung cancer and my "medicine" for her is providing laughter. You my friend have been a wonderful source. Thank you! And your posts serve as a reminder to pray for you too on your journey. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And I will add your dear friend to my prayer list ❤️

      Delete
  7. I had to chuckle at the way you paired those texts with the images. Glad you were able to make something with a humorous theme & know you're a great fan of those Chris Ryniak creatures. Take care - prayer continues & I wish I were closer to you but we have an ocean between us........ which is a bit of an impediment! Anyhow you're much in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ocean could never come between us sisters. I love you and appreciate you so much

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun