My Daily Journaling-ish
















Do you find it hard to spend a little time each day making art? I started daily journaling back in January, thinking it would help me focus and make a little art just for myself each day. For awhile I was doing really well. Then life hit a speed bump. More like a hole in the road. And I was struggling just to keep up with all life's obligations and found very little time to create just for myself. And that's alright. I know it will get better one day, but for now I just try to grab a few minutes here and there and eventually I get a finished project. This particular page is for September 15 and 16, 2021. That was a month ago. Yep. But it is done. I believe the little critter is a Chris Ryniak. The mermaid card is a Hannah Lynne piece of art from a few years ago. 


This page has been my favorite for awhile now. That cat just gets me every time! Hahaha! The two flower blocks were made with Ecoline Liquid Watercolor inks. The little critter is a Chris Ryniak. I actually bought his two coloring books. Yayay!!! Those two background strips are part of a collage page Kyra sent to me. I love her work! September 17 and 18, 2021. 



You have seen this already. It was basically my daily work for the month of September. Thirty days, thirty tangle spots. And thirty patterns. A lot of glitter gel pen and white Posca Paint Pen. 

You can click on any of these photos to see them larger on your screen. 






I am not sure anyone other than myself has seen this page. I painted the background a month or so ago and just left the page sitting in my sketchbook. Then one night while Mark was watching sports ball on the TV, I grabbed some pens and paints and did this. I like that blue flower! 





I showed you this page a couple days ago. It also began with a pre-made background. Some days all I have time for is backgrounds. And that is okay because it saves me time in the future. 




Nothing fancy but I like it. Two stamps, a gelli print background and a couple watercolors. 




Morrisseau - I posted about this piece this past week. It was so much fun and I have already Morrisseau-ed another piece of art. It will be shared with someone down Georgia way. 

And this is my week one and two of OCTangling for the month of . . . you guessed it. October! Hahaha! In Tangle All Around on FB. Similar to the template I used for September but with thirty-one spaces. 

And I think that's it. All I have to share today. I am working on a project for Robin - I will be able to tell you about that soon. I think. I updated the steampunk planner on Amazon so it now has the years 2022 - 2025. And is current. I have been helping Mark take care of Belle who was returned to us after five days being on an adventure in the woods and swamp. And I am helping take care of a 9 week old pug/yorkie mix puppy. And I don't even like dogs. Hahaha! But they are both cute!

I hope you have a great week coming up! I will post the patterns for this week's OCTangling tomorrow. So check back and if you want to join us at Tangle All Around, you can do so by clicking here. We would love for you to be part of our group/family.


Comments

  1. These are all so marvelous, Alice! I like that little cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful art, Alice!! I really love your results with colored backgrounds. :) And your flowers just keep getting more and more beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. And thanks for the comment. Most of the time I wonder if anyone sees the posts.

      Delete
  3. I too like that blue flower that you created. Sounds to me like you've got the measure of how things are at present & you're making little bits of progress here & there - you're not static which is the main thing. I should think you really have your hands full with the menagerie at present, though I suspect Aurora pretty much takes care of herself except she needs feeding & her other necessities; at least you don't have to take her for walkies. Remember to take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aurora is unsure of Rocky. She tolerates him for seconds at a time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around