Checking My Progress











Every once in awhile we all need to check our progress. Check where we came from and where we are going. Yes, I have had a lot of time sitting in a chair thinking since my surgery. Can you tell? Hahahahaha! 

I had surgery at the beginning of November and have not tangled a thing since then. As I was putting the weekly plan together for my FB group Tangle All Around I thought this might be a good time for all of us to check our progress. We have a lot of new tanglers in the group, as well as skilled tanglers. The new tanglers are prone to compare themselves to the members who have been tangling for years. You. Yes, you. Don't fall into that trap. Compare yourself only to yourself. No one else counts. 

In tangling, the easiest way to check your progress is to pull out that very first piece you drew - whether it was almost ten years ago like mine was OR whether it was from two weeks ago. Pull out that piece of art and use the same string and the same patterns and tangle it like you would today. You will notice a difference. I promise. I drew the tile on the left almost ten years ago. And I drew the tile on the right yesterday, the first thing I've tangled in a couple months. It was a little shaky going at times, but I kept on and pushed through. I work mostly with color these days and I draw the patterns differently, but each tile includes the same tangles in the same spots: hollibaugh, crescent moon, static and printemps. 

I dare you to bring out the very first piece you tangled and re-create it today. Need a tangly place to hang out? Come visit us at Tangle All Around. Three questions and answers will get you in the door. See you there. 

Comments

  1. Very wise words here & which seasoned tanglers also need reminding of. It's really 10 years ago??? I remember when you went for CZT training.............. Love your coloured tile & yes all your experience is lovely to see as is the fact you've tangled again. Take care & it's lovely to have your back but please be very VERY careful with yourself & don't do too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has been 10 years. crazy, right? I had never drawn a thing or painted anything at all before that. I found it all on Pinterest.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun