Gifts of Hope

You all know I have been battling cancer this past year. At the beginning of that journey I met a wonderful lady on Facebook. Her name is Trish Hafely and she has a really fun group called Trish Rocks & Things. They are primarily a rock painting group and they are very talented. If you have ever thought about rock painting this is the group for you. 

Just after we moved to Georgia I received a package from Trish. Inside were seven wrapped packages and a note to open one each day for a week - meant to encourage me in my fight and I love them all. This is what I opened on day #1. 


Day #2. The New International Version reads From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. It wasn't long after opening all these rocks/blessings that I received the all clear from my oncologist. After the chemo rounds all my cancer is now gone. What a blessing! I am so thankful for every single one of you who prayed for me.



 


Day #3 and maybe my favorite. My sister Sandy was here that day and I actually let her open the day #3 package and she loved it. 




So just kidding. This one for Day #4 is my absolute favorite. And it reminds me of what an angel of a friend Trish is to do this for me. To bring a little encouragement and hope to my day. I am so thankful we are friends!




Day #5 brought much hope to my day. I had trouble getting the color right in this photo. All around the word hope is a beautiful bright pink. One of my colors. 


Day #6. Never ever give up. I never gave up. I knew that God held me and I knew the cancer would totally be gone. All glory to God. And thanks to my wonderful prayer warriors who carried me when I couldn't make the walk myself because I was too sick. 



Day #7. Funny how I opened these two rocks one day after the other, repeating the statement 'never give up.' I just held the rock in my two hands and said thank you, Lord, for keeping me safe. Thank you for curing me. 

And though there were supposed to be seven stones I actually received eight. So here is Day #8. Isn't this one beautiful? Trish knew exactly what to send to me. How to give me hope and determination. And though she isn't a tangler Trish did manage to include a couple Printemps on this stone. Awesome! You never know what will touch someone's heart. As artists most of us think our work is not good enough to share. We keep thinking that one day we will be good enough, when the simple truth is we are each one of us enough. Share that art with someone. Make their day. Trust your heart and just do it. 

If you are interested in rock painting, please check out Trish's group Trish Rocks & Things by clicking on the name. Anytime you see pink on my blog that means it is a link. Pink = link. Have a great day and be blessed!

Comments

  1. Wow! What an incredible gift, and an incredible keepsake to remind you how blessed you are to have such a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rocks and inspiration. Congratulations on being cancer free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Trish is very talented.. and thank you ! I'm still counting my blessings

      Delete
  3. WOW!!!!what a treasure - Trish and her rocks...So happy for you Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift set and a wonderful way to keep you going through those scary treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift of encouragement - & there's even a tangled tree of Printemps! I can see why that angel rock is your favourite: the dimension & texture on her dress, the fluffiness in the feathers of her wings as well as the billowing plumpness of her gown seem palpable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all stunning. Trish is really talented

      Delete
  6. thank you, Julie, you made me cry a little. sometimes I sit here in my little room and wonder if it is worth it. if people are still learning and growing from the posts I make. and then I get a wonderful comment like yours. thank you. you are so appreciated, too! much love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around