Twinchietober, Week Two

 

Twinchietober, week two is here! My Facebook group Tangle All Around is posting some great art for the first week. Each Saturday I give the group seven new patterns. The thought of Twinchietober is for every day in October, just pick up a pen and draw something. Even if you just have five minutes. With this thought in mind I decided to go with two inch square tiles to draw on. That's really small. Use the pattern for the day or use other patterns you like. It's all good. Let me show you what we have for week two.

Fun fact - all the tangles were created by members of Tangle All Around




October 8th, today we work with Pillared designed by Uttara Shidore. She has some wonderful patterns and makes such beautiful art! 



October 9th, Pindo was designed by my dear friend Sandra Strait. She has such a great eye for patterns and then turning them into such easy steps for us to understand. To see more of Sandra's tangles you can visit her Flickr albums here and here



October 10th is Pokiok designed by Nita Ott, CZT. And no, I don't know how to pronounce that so don't ask. Hahaha! but I do love the tangle!




October 11th, Rehilete designed by Diana Marshall. Diana has some wonderful tangles! I love drawing them - they always make sense and looks so wonderful when I'm done. 



Regina Wenzel designed Taralyn that we are using on October 12th. She has a lot of fun steampunk patterns which I really enjoy! 








October 13th, we have Teardrop Heart from Rachel Foster. I love her art! Always so happy and encouraging!




And on the 14th we will work with Brackets from Angie Gittles, CZT. You can follow Angie on Instagram by clicking here. She has many wonderful tangles you will want to try. A bunch of them are in our book Life in Tangles. And that is it for Twinchietober this week. 



Each week I give the group a mandala template to work with. We call it Mandala Monday but feel free to tangle up this template any day of the week. You can use the tangles in this post or use any of the thousands you find on Google. I would love to see what you do. 




Each week I give the group two strings to work with during the upcoming week. New to tangling? Strings are drawn in pencil and they divide your work space into sections. Then you draw a tangle - or pattern - in each section. Typically your pencil line will disappear into your drawing. The strings are usually drawn on 3.5" squares. 


And here is the second string. Just take your square piece of paper and draw this in pencil. I use dark lines when 
I post to make it easier for everyone to see. Just use a pencil for the string, then use your pen for the tangling. Have a great week! 
If you would like to join us in Tangle All Around you can do so by clicking here. You will need to answer three simple questions so I know you are a human breathing person and not a fire breathing  robot. 

Comments

  1. Wonderful patterns dear Alice. Thank you for choose Taralyn too. Have fun and all the best. Stay health dear Alice. ❤️🍄🐞🍀👋🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tangle patterns, even if I say so myself! Thank you for including Pindo! I'm so happy that you're creating art again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great range of prompts - I particularly like that first pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pillared is a really nice three dimensional pattern. it's so great to hear from you <3

      Delete
    2. It's absolutely wonderful to see your posts popping up in my emails. I think the desire for artwork will come - you've been out of the groove for some time & had a really rough ride. Already I can see huge improvement in your linework from when you first came out of hospital; it's so good to see. Take it gently. As for finding things round your studio - I've labelled my boxes of materials but can't always remember which category of box I might have stored something under..........!!

      Delete
    3. one day at a time <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around