Postcard Art With Hahnemühle

Once again I signed up for iHanna's semi-annual international postcard swap. And once again I used the wonderful Nostalgie hot pressed postcards from Hahnemühle. The swap called for ten postcards completed in whatever art form we wished. Well, I sent them out in the mail this morning and I can't wait to show them to you!

This card started with several layers of a gel printed background. The flower center was a piece of ephemera from Tamara Laporte. A hand drawn and painted flower, a stamp and a couple jewels finished it up in style. 


Most of my postcards started with some level of gel printing for the base layer. I especially like the way this background looks and the way it shines through my painted flower.


I used the same stencil that I used in the first postcard you saw and made a couple layers in different colors. My favorite part of using gel prints is seeing how they show through my painting. 


This background was made with Tombow dual brush pens with my smooshing technique. I found a guy on Instagram whose line work blows me away! His videos are addicting. This was my first attempt at working like Angel_Draws. Hahaha! I don't think he needs to be worried. 



There is a Tombow watercolor base underneath all these scraps and bits and pieces of other artworks. I just kept cutting and glueing and building layer by layer. 


And you know I had to tangle some of the cards! Hahaha! I think this background was made with Ecoline Brush Pens on my tray with water and smooshing happening. I love the color combination! 





A different gel print background with just one layer. These are so much fun to make and these Nostalgie postcards take the color and layer so well! 



I love this gel printed background! This is such a great stencil for doing this kind of work. I tried to stay a little consistent throughout by drawing and painting mostly flowers, using stamped sentiments and using Tam's printed ephemera. 



Here is another great stencil to use with gel plating! I don't normally work this dark but hopefully whoever receives this card will love it anyway. Hahahaha! And one last 
postcard . . . 

And here it is. You saw this one several months ago. Maybe almost a year ago as it was the first postcard I made for this swap just days after last year's fall swap completed. The background was made with Daler Rowney acrylic inks I believe. And I can not for the life of me remember the name of this primary tangle. I sure wish I could. I love it!

Well, that's iHanna's 2022 fall postcard swap. They are all in the mail - one is even going as far as Austria! I hope they love them!


Hahnemühle's Nostalgie postcards can be purchased by clicking here

Comments

  1. These are all so awesome, Alice! You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, so great to see you back and better than ever, IMHO! These are stunning! Hope you and your family have a glorious Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well ❤️

      Delete
  3. they turned out so very beatuiful. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much

      Delete
    2. Hmmm - I've been hunting, both for your post with that final postcard in it, & for the tangle name. As for the first - couldn't find it, I thought the answer to the tangle conundrum might be contained therein! So plan B for the second - could it be the Zentangle HQ original Enyshou...... a tangleation of?
      Hope thanksgiving was a good a one & it continues to be a delight to see your posts popping up & your new ideas for the Monthly Projects each month on the FB tangle group.
      Much love

      Delete
    3. Evy - I wish I could attach a photo. I found the step out but there is no name on it. I just wish my desire to make art would come back. I keep trying and I spend a lot of time just staring into space. It’s very strange. Love you, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around