Catching Up


 
























It has been awhile since I posted. I am doing well and have tested cancer-free twice now. Still having problems with concentration and staying focused on whatever task is at hand. I plan on talking with the oncologist at my appointment next week to see if he can help me with that. In the meantime, I wanted to share some daily journal pages I was able to put together and a couple art journal spreads I am sharing with a friend. This page above used some bits and pieces and scraps from various projects I did in the past. The tag came from Beth Broadway and she also drew the pink haired girl and turned it into a sticker. The hand painted flowers down the middle came from Rachel Foster. I like to save art from my friends on my daily pages - that way I will always be able to find them and enjoy them. 




This page is from back in November. I hope one day to get my life back together again where I can make art and post on a regular basis. The little critters are Chris Ryniak art that I colored. The green stenciled image in the background came from Niki Green. 











I made this tag for a swap. At the time it literally was all I was capable of. It took me a couple days to put this together. Now I look at it and see how much more I could have done with it but I still like it. 

























My friend Karen Izzi had this great idea. We each grabbed an art journal and completed a two page spread. Then we mailed that journal to the other person. When we receive the journal in the mail we complete another spread and send it back. (Right now I am so far behind I have both journals. Eek!) This was the first spread I did. The tag was a piece of art from my friend Robin Mead. 

























This was the second spread I made. The critters are once again Chris Ryniak pieces. He does wonderful art. I started the pages with some foam stamps I made. No art from friends on these pages. I don't think. 


























And this spread. These are literally the bulk of what I have been able to do since December. I keep hoping I will want to create, to tangle, to paint. But most days I stare at the computer or out the window. I did put together a new book that I hope to tell you about in the next few days. An idea I have been working on for the past couple years. Since Life in Tangles was released and maybe even before. And that was two and a half years ago. Talk again soon.

Comments

  1. l'm so happy to you starting to create again, even if it isn't as much as you used to do. It's amazing that you've put together this book. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment. I love the art journal pages you've put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. it's hard to make myself create, my brain just isn't there yet so I have to make it happen.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see you posting again. My favourite is that Create Today with your florals & 2023. Glad you can talk to the oncologist about the concentration & memory issues. I keep praying about those things. Good to see you putting something together - even if it feels small in comparison to the past. You've been through a lot - Take good care & much love - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, hopefully the oncologist will be able to give me some answer and hopefully some suggestions. I am tired of this part of the journey

      Delete
  3. sending good thoughts and sincere prayers for your continued recovery. Love your art, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I appreciate the prayers more than you could possibly know. <3

      Delete
  4. Alice, I am SO HAPPY to see your bright colors and crazy cool pages show up in my Inbox again! I do hope you know that for every comment left here, SO MANY people are enjoying your fabulous art! Your signature style is always uplifting and delightful to behold! Thank you for posting when you have the energy to do so. I think of you often and send you happy, healing thoughts.

    Hugs, Jan Brandt, CZT12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan, it’s really hard but I’m trying ❤️

      Delete
  5. So good to hear from you, thank you so much for sharing. You are an inspiration. Sending mahoosive good vibes your way and hoping that the lighter nights and warmer weather will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s soooo good to hear from you! You are such an inspiration. Sending mahoosive good vibes your way and hoping that the lighter nights and warmer weather will give you a boost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Yvonne, I appreciate it. we will see how I do as I go along <3

      Delete
  7. I love your pages so much dear Alice. I'm glad you can make Artwork again. All the best, greetings, your Regina. ❤️❤️❤️👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, regina, I appreciate you dear friend <3

      Delete
  8. Happy to see your creative work. And happy to hear you are cancer free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much - I am happy to be back <3

      Delete
  9. When you enumerate your accomplishments, I am in awe. Another book ready for publishing, the art you have created with your friends (you have such awesome friends), not to mention your journey with (through) cancer - it leaves me breathless and you are living with such grace. Grace - that is the right word, in my opinion. Thank you for sharing so openly. May your healing continue. Linda Muir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Linda, the last year and a half have been rough but God is faithful. and here I am. I just worked on a journal page this afternoon with the words Bloom and Grace. so thank you for your sweet comments. the timeliness is perfect <3

      Delete
  10. Please add me! Karenizziphd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. hopefully it worked :)

      Delete
  11. I'm so happy to see your Artwork. It's beautiful! I'm so happy for you that you have tested cancer free twice now. I'm sure your concentration will come back all will take time . You've been through so much . I'm so amazed how you have created such beautiful artwork since December, plus run the group and putting your book together ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have to be careful not to do too much

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun