Daily Journaling Again

You know I liked to daily journal before I got sick last year. I actually have books that are filled with art from sticking to that one thing each day. Since I finished chemo I just haven't felt like doing much art at all. Like none. But recently I have started working in these fun books again. Sometimes with brand new art, some times using pieces of art I made before being sick. The two smaller pieces are from Octangling, 2022. The block at the bottom with the baubles pieces is part of a coloring book page I drew for Tangle It! Coloring Book several years ago. The cute little Hogwart's Hedwig owl is a drawing of Chris Ryniak that I colored. 


The background color is Ranger's Distress Inks rubbed on with blending brushes. The other color strips are random bits of this and that left over from other projects. The sticker sentiments in this and the photo above came from my Erin Condrin planner. These first two sets of pages are in my Harmony hot pressed journal from Hahnemühle



The last sets of pages are part of an art journal swap I am doing with my friend Karen. There are two books. We complete a two page spread, then send the book to the other person so they can do the same thing. It's a lot of fun! Both pages have watercolored backgrounds. 

For this swap we are working in Canson mixed media journals. This spread is all found papers. I did not create any of the art. I believe that peacock came from an old annual calendar from Hahnemühle that I repurposed once the year was over. The flower is from a magazine. I really like these two pages. A lot! 

Daily journaling is once again fun - when I can get my brain to realize something fun is coming and I can stop staring into space. Oncology appointment coming up this week and we are going to talk about this staring into space thing. 
 

Comments

  1. All your artwork pieces are so beautifully dear Alice 👍😍❤️👋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are beautiful! Even if you are only creating a little, it's still a lot. I hope the oncologist can help you be more productive. I know it's a miserable feeling when you can't get yourself to be as active as you used to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. it is very frustrating and I don't know how to make it better. hopefully I will get some helpful answers next week

      Delete
  3. Everything in your life is different now. Maybe the block is coming from trying to regain joy from something in the past. You are still creating...you just had a book published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that would be a different way of creating. And I have other book ideas.

      Delete
  4. I too rather like that last one, the bird is eye-catching & I love how you've assembled it all using found art - what a lovely idea? I'm also rather partial to the flower piece on the penultimate two page spread & I repeatedly go back to look at the tangle you have on the second spread (looks like nutcrackers) though I can't quite make out the name. It's so good to hear you're wanting to create & hope the oncologist appointment is very productive. Take care & take it bit by bit.
    Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that tangle is called Breezy Danse. it is in one of our books - that is the piece of art I drew to go in the book with the step out :) can't let anything go to waste.

      Delete
  5. thank you, Maxine, your prayers and words mean everything to me. I know that God's people praying are the only reason I am still here. He is faithful to hear the prayers of His children and He loves us more than we could possibly understand. I give Him all the honor and praise and credit. thank you for sharing with me <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun