Steampunk Months

 

June and July are special months at Tangle All Around on Facebook. We are working with steampunk patterns - many of which are new to the group. Each week I give the group a template to work with. This seahorse was the week three project. While we were in Cedar Key last week I spent an afternoon adding tangles to the various sections of my seahorse. 




When I was finished with the tangling I added watercolor to bring my little seahorse to life! Schmincke is my preferred brand of watercolors. I love working with templates like this. 




You have already seen my week one dragonfly in an earlier post. Both these week one and two templates were based on Ben Kwok drawings he made available on Facebook. 




I made this template for week two. Some people like to tangle more organically and may not care for insects and ocean life. I figured this one could be interpreted in several different ways. 




For this one I stayed with traditional black and white tangling. Love how this turned out! Kind of floral, kind of not. And now I am working on the template for week four. Want to see what it is? 



Another Ben Kwok template from Oration Creation. Perhaps a turtle is calling your name? Want to learn more about steampunk and tangling? Visit us at Tangle All Around and answer the three simple questions so I know you are a real person and not a machine. Hope to see you there! 

Comments

  1. What fabulous templates! And steampunk too! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you’ll try them for yourself

      Delete
  2. Wow what fabulous templates and the sea horse is perfectly divine I will just have to try some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you enjoyed doing the seahorse. This is such an interesting idea. It's lovely seeing all your ideas for projects each month in the group - the watercolour month is going to be very interesting indeed. Thank you for all the effort you put into the group. Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a lot of fun and well worth the work it takes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun