Art Journaling With Art by Marlene

Love me some fun art journaling and the brighter and bolder the better! Art By Marlene recently released a new line of product she calls her Signature Collection. You know I just had to grab me some of it so I could art journal knowing my colors would be awesome with her elements!

Haven't heard of Art By Marlene? She is all about fun and quirky and bright and colorful. All the things I love best. (Now if she would just include a dragon here and there it would be perfect. Just sayin'.) In Creative Crafty Friends on FB, we are swapping 5" x 7" art journal pages each month. We start with two pages that are 7" tall and 10" wide and fold them in half. This creates a signature with 8 work surfaces. 

This is the first page of my work this month. I used Marlene's Flower Power stencil to lay down some background color on top of a clean off sheet I had started in teals and pinks and yellows. For color I used Ranger's Distress Inks. The girl is from Marlene's Quirky People set of diecuts.





On the inside of the first folded set of four pages, I placed a section of one of the pages in Marlene's Signature Collection Scrap Paper. So easy since all that paint and mark work was already done for me. The little tangled twinchie is one I made during Octangling. The girl is a Saturated Canary figure that I colored with Copic Markers. Easy peasy. 






The facing page used another section of the same sheet of paper from Marlene's Scrap Paper set. This tangled two inch tile was also from Octangling. 

I've been trying to find a place you could purchase these sarcastic sayings from Dyan Reaveley but I am coming up blank. I find stamps but not the actual paper pieces you can color for yourself and use. Sorry. 

That big beautiful flower is a diecut I got at Michael's on the scrapbook aisle. They come in a pack of a whole lot! Hahahaha! Different sizes, different kinds of flowers, perfect for journaling and collage art. 





And that brings us to page 4 of this first sheet of 7" tall by 10" wide paper. The girls are both from Marlene's Quirky People set. All the figures in the set come in two different sizes. I love the larger ones! They add so much fun to a page. 

I made another 4 pages using the second sheet of paper. And if I can remember where those photos are . . . I will show you tomorrow! Hahahaha! Sorry. They will show up on my computer. I promise! Have a great rest of your day!

Comments

  1. Such delightful and colorful pages! I love them!! And it's SO wonderful to see you posting again, Alice. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Jan! I wish I could do this every day

      Delete
  2. What fun pages! You are on fire, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks! This is my jam!

      Delete
  3. Love the way you've echoed the floral element in all 4 pages whether by the stencilling, die-cut or in your tangled twinchie. I can see you're thoroughly enjoying doing these. - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am. This is the way I like to work.

      Delete
  4. PS - the way you echoed that deep blue in the background of the third page with your deep blue die-cut is so eye-catching. Not to mention your Blox (think that's the tangle name) on the same page echoing those stencilled squares bottom left. And - those white V & W marks are repeated in your tangled tile on the same page.........& then I spotted all the circular elements including the circle frame around the floral tangle. That page is definitely my favourite. ---Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always find things I don’t even realize are there. It’s really cool!

      Delete
  5. I love the words such as "if it doesn't open, it's not your door"...love them and the artwork. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love working like this

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun