Fixing a Hot Mess

Lately I have been working on postcards. Specifically Hahnemühle postcards. At roughly 4" x 6" they make a nice 'do-able' art surface. Something one could sit down and do in a few minutes. 

This particular one is a Nostalgie card which has a smooth surface. I was working wet watercolor onto a dry background, just pushing color around with a wet brush. And . . . I did not like the results at all. What a hot mess! Not one to waste a bit of product I figured out something else to do with this postcard. 



I began with this stamp from Studio Light and stamped it twice vertically on the card. Color was added using my Copic markers. Already this hot mess was looking a whole lot improved! 


I keep a stash of digital images ready for just such an occasion as this. When I don't feel like painting or drawing, I pull out some digital images I have printed out and color them with Copics. This little marker girl was the perfect addition for this postcard. The words are from Art By Marlene. And just like that I now have a postcard I love! Easy peasy! 




You can purchase Hahnemühle's Nostalgie postcards by clicking here

Question for you to think about: I am trying to streamline my bills. Currently I pay for this email service that notifies you I made a post. If I stop that service - would you still be able to find my posts? 


 

Comments

  1. This is marvelous! I love the Nostalgie paper -- it's good for almost anything! I would be able to find your posts, though, given my memory I don't know how often I would think to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's hard to remember. blogger used to have a widget for subscriptions but they did away with it a few years back

      Delete
  2. Yes! I have it bookmarked and for the longest time just automatically checked it every day. Then I realized I could sign up for new post notifications, so I did that. But I understand about saving money, so it's no biggy just to go back to checking in every day. Do what you need to do for you, Alice. We can all adjust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, ann, I'll let everyone know by posting about it. it has gotten really costly to send out the emails. it was ok when I posting almost every day but posting 3 or 4 times a month doesn't make sense.

      Delete
  3. will be able to find the posts if I remember to go and have a look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response. I’m looking into free subscription services.

      Delete
  4. What a darling postcard!! You're just so good at this, Alice. :) Yes, I too have your blog bookmarked so it's easy to take a peek anytime I want to. I encourage you to save that money!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan, I’m thinking it through.

      Delete
  5. Hi Alice, I go by your emails too. I have been happy to see them coming through. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I’ll keep going as long as I can.

      Delete
  6. Answering your question - yes I'd find your posts, I'd just have to make a point of checking your blog once a week, not a hardship once I get it into my weekly routine.
    As for your artwork - I had to really chuckle at the words you put with this: so aptly describing not only your process but a fitting title for the finished composition too. Another validation of the Zentangle precept 'trust the process.' - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Evy. I am still debating on the email change. I am trying to curb spending anywhere I can and this is a big one. it was ok when I was posting every day, but I post so seldom now. maybe if I do drop the notification process I will go to posting once a week and just show what I've been working on. it is a good way for me to keep track of the art I've made - for myself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun