GratitangleZ 2023

A year has quickly passed and it is already time for another month of thankfulness and gratitude by way of GratitangleZ. Not my program but one I am promoting and participating in on Facebook in Tangle All Around. Each of us has so much to be thankful for. You may think you don't but you do. Even if it is just for one more day. God is faithful and we should be, too. 

The thought is each day in the month of November to take the tangle pattern listed for the day and draw it. While you draw reflect on something you are thankful for. Example: when I was drawing Avro on the first day of this month I thought about how thankful I am to be able to participate again this year. There were days last year when I wasn't sure I would even be alive for GratitangleZ in 2023. But like I said earlier . . . God is faithful. And I will never forget it. Thank you, Lord, for one more day. 



Prep for the month was easy. FB group GratitangleZ selected the patterns. I set up a photo album of all the step outs on Tangle All Around so my members would know day by day what was upcoming. 

For my own project I decided to go with a 10.5" Opus tile from Zentangle. I used three colors of Dylusions Ink Sprays to make the background. Then with a lightbox I traced the template onto my tile in pencil. It has 31 slots and I only need 30 for November. I will wait till the end of the month to decide how to treat that open space. Maybe I'll add in the words 'GratitangleZ, 2023.'





This is the template I used. Sorry, but I do not remember where it came from. I keep it in a folder and pull it out each year about this time. Feel free to use it if you would like. 




The first week of the project had three days in it. It fell towards the end of our program week in Tangle All Around. The tangles for the first three days were Avro, batumber and jonqal. I just picked a few spaces where I thought they would work nicely. I added a little shading and a little highlighting. Once I am done with all the tangling there will most certainly be more shading and highlighting added. 



We are in the middle of week two now. The tangles for this week are B'Dylan, Y Knot, dex, zander, Bella, frozen Nandini and trio. 

I post the patterns a week at a time in Tangle All Around. Usually on a Friday . . . as long as I remember what day of the week it is. Life is hard when you are retired. Hahahaha! Would you like to join us? Just click here and answer the three simple questions that tell me you are a living, breathing person and I will let you in. For now let me show you the steps for the first ten days of the month. 




  





















And that is it for the first week and a half of 2023's GratitangleZ. You can click on any of these photos and they will enlarge to make it easier for you to see the steps. Please join us at Tangle All Around. And take a minute right now to think of one thing you are thankful for. Me? I am thankful for each of you <3 

Comments

  1. Love these tangles...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You gor putting this all together. Thankfull you are still with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always knew God would take care of me but it was still a way scary time filled with lots of pain. thankful that is over now.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful project! I'm so glad you are here. I love you, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great project for sure. Glad we are participating. And thank you so much ❤️

      Delete
  4. Thank you for all your hard work with this. The black ink with the white highlights really pop against these colours of background. It'll look so different once the template is filled in & I particularly like the way your tangles aren't just confined to the spaces but spill over.
    Once again very thankful for you & all He does too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like working with a template. and I think this is the first time I have let the tangles spill over. before I always inked the lines first.

      Delete
  5. oops - forgot to sign my comment - but your probably guessed anyhow. Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually can tell but I always like it when you add the name. all these things come to me as 'anonymous' downside of Blogger

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun