Swapping Fun in Color


 














Want to see a post full of beautiful color? Then you are in the right place! Hahaha! You know how I am with color. The brighter the better! In FB group Creative Crafty Friends some of us are participating in a monthly swap. We take two sheets of letter size paper, fold them in half, then trim them so the pages are 5"x 7" in size. That gives us eight work surfaces to artify. And let me tell you that is a lot of pages to fill up! Above you see the back and front of one of my pages. I love how they turned out - sad that I had to send them away. I used Ranger's distress inks for the background. Swirled on with a blending tool. The critters are from Chris Ryniak, I colored them with Copic markers. I also used stencils, Zig dot pens, Posca paint pens, and watercolors. 



These are the inside pages of that first page. The strip across the bottom is from Dylusions. I colored it, the lion and girl and the cute little bulldog with Copics. I also used Ranger distress inks, an Art By Marlene stencil, a scrap of Marlene's paper, Zig dot pens, Posca paint pens and a sentiment. 



This is my second sheet of paper. All the little critters like these in the post are from Chris Ryniak. I just colored them. I also used distress inks, dot pens, paint pens, washi tape, a paper scrap and some sentiments. You can click on any of these photos to see them larger. 
And this is the inside of the above pages. I used distress inks for the background, then I drew the flowers and added a little watercolor to parts of them. I also used dot pens and paint pens. These pages were for the September swap.

Remember at the beginning I said eight pages are a lot to fill up each month? I am currently taking a break this month while I work on a new tangle pattern book. Lots of drawing to be done for this new book and eight pages has to take a back seat right now. 














These next pages were for the October swap. That cool tag on the front of this cover (on the right) came from Art By Marlene. I swear she could sell just about anything for art journals and I'd love it! For these pages I used distress ink, gel print scraps, dylusions ink sprays, Copic markers, dot pens, paint pens, stickers and sentiments. The girl with the owl was a Pinterest find. The other girl is a Krista Leigh Smith drawing that I colored. 




For the inside I added another flower page. This swap went to a different friend so it was alright to repeat.


This is the cover of the last set of pages. The angel is from Marlene. The set of women is a drawing that came in an email (I can't remember who) that I colored with Copics. Gel print scrap, dylusions ink sprays, dot pens, paint pens and sentiments. 
And this spread completed my October pages. Distress inks, gel print scraps, dot pens, paint pens and more leaves and vines from Dylusions. 

I am trying to use these same background colors with every set of pages I mail out. I made a beautiful eight page set for October and guess what? I can't find a single picture of any of the pages. So disappointed. I had way too many obligations during the time I made those and I just forgot. 

Like I said earlier I am taking a break this month. So no pages for November. I may try to join back up for December pages. We will see.

A few days ago I sent out an email running an idea by you about a new way to let you know when a new post has been made. I heard back from about half of you and I really appreciate all the feedback. Starting with this post you are being notified about new material by . . .  me! Hopefully I did the email right this time. Have a great weekend! Be thankful for something each day. Don't forget the blessings God has given you and that includes He himself. Thank you, God, for one more day!



 


Comments

  1. These pages are so amazing, Alice! I love everything you do! The email idea works wonderfully, though you might caution people not to reply to it, or at least make sure they don't 'reply to all'. People might get annoyed if they keep getting responses meant for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reply to all is not supposed to be an option. are you able to do that with this post email?

      Delete
    2. Your email showed the email addresses of all recipients, and yes, multiple people replied to all.

      Delete
    3. This email showed all the addresses? It should not have.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic pages dear Alice! I love them all so much. Thank you for your wonderful post. Lovely regards, your friend Regina❤️👋😍👍🫶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, regina, they were fun and I did enjoy them so much <3

      Delete
    2. Just beautiful colorful and fun!

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! Glad this worked.

      Delete
  3. Love the pages...lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - I aim for happy colors <3

      Delete
  6. Your backgrounds make this such a cohesive set. My favourites are the flower pages & the leaves strip. The lion I thought was a sticker - terrific colouring. I'm always intrigued to see how you vary what you do with the dot pens - works beautifully & I always associate that style of page finishing with you. Take care of yourself. The email works beautifully. And yes, am grateful for Him. - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like these colors so I find myself using them a lot. the flower pages came about because I was too tired to think of anything else. hahaha! and I really like those dot pens. I just ordered 2 more colors. and yes, He is the best blessing/gift we have. love you, sister!

      Delete
  7. Love the pages especially the backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That’s my favorite part

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun