Let's Make an Easy Postcard



 














Just a quick post today while I am feeling good. Eek! Some days are better than others concentration wise and today is good. You may have seen me post this postcard on Instagram or on my FB page. Looks really cool, doesn't it? And hard even? But it was so easy and I'm going to quickly walk you through it. And by 'quickly' I mean I forgot to take most of the photos. But we got this anyway! 


I began with a Nostalgie watercolor postcard from Hahnemühle and used a wet onto dry technique. By that I mean I left the postcard dry, I didn't spray it with water first. I used my Schmincke watercolors and just painted splotches onto the card. I didn't fuss too much about the edges and just let the color work the way it wanted to. Looks like I used my four go-to colors. 



Next I used a really cool stamp from Studio Light to add some background texture by way of flowers and insects. Just one long stamp used twice on the postcard. Then I used some of those same watercolors to paint the flowers. 

To complete my card I used a digital stamp from Krista Leigh Smith and colored her with my Copic markers. I ran her through my sticker machine, then after trimming the figure out I placed her down right in the center. That word sentiment was a sticker from Art by Marlene. You could do the same thing with a printer or even write it out with your own handwriting. After scribbling down notes during 27 years of police interviews and interrogations my handwriting is not great. And last I inked the edges with a black Archival ink. And . . . ta-da! That is all it took. Probably 15 - 20 minutes tops. The trick is having those easy to grab supplies on hand before you start. And Hahnemühle has a couple different types of postcards that I keep on supply for times like this. 

Yesterday I asked you for prayer or well wishes or healing light - whatever you believe in. I will take them all. I did a PET scan to see if my cancer was still gone and I did not get clean results. There is a problem in the tonsil area. I have an appointment for a probable biopsy scheduled for the 29th. That is a long way off but it is the earliest they can get to me. Please pray my cancer has not returned. Please pray this is a simple infection or inflammation. Please pray for complete and total healing. I love each of you and appreciate you so much. Please have a great day and an easy rest of your week.

Comments

  1. This card is amazing, and you make it sound easy, but I know your talent has much to do with it. You are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much. those prayers are carrying me through this trip. I'm not as strong this time as last time

      Delete
  2. Will keep on praying.
    It's very effective the way you used the same colours as the background to colour your flowers. Plus the way you've coloured the image using the same colours but placing the image where each particular colour contrasts against the one(s) behind it. Very effective indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know I just make this stuff up as I go, right? hahaha! if it looks pretty I glue it down <3

      Delete
  3. Oops - forgot to sign it - Evy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's ok, I would figure it out <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around