Working on 100 Days of Tangling

 
















100 Days of Tangling. Sounds like a fun project, right? We are doing this in my FB group Tangle All Around. We started on January 1st and will continue for a total of 100 days. The main idea is to create  a tangled piece of art each day for one hundred days at which time it should have become a habit. A tangle habit. There are worse things. Yes? Hahahaha! Kind of like the covid mess I got on day 8. I am just now at the point where I feel like doing something again. And this was the page I made yesterday, January 21. Let me walk you through it. 


Sometime ago I took twenty sheets of Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle and cut them in half making a great set of forty landscape pages. I used a Bind-it-All machine to add the spiral to the side. Makes a great journal! I wanted to start with some water and ink and just make a big mess but I didn't want it get on the underlying pages. So I put a page of card stock under my page for protection. You can tell it is one I keep and re-use. Eventually it will make some great collage elements.




I keep this bottle of water at my desk within arms reach. I used it to liberally spray my sheet, getting it wet all over. Do that first.


Then I used three of my new Pebeo ColoreX Inks and just dropped them here and there in the water. You can add more water if you need it to get the colors moving. I noticed if I dropped the ink onto a place where there was no water it sunk into the paper and just sat there. 


Then I just let the page dry. The colors held true and they didn't seem to move any.  I like it when they move and blend and feather so that was a little disappointing. But . . . look at the brightness in these Pebeo colors! I love it!


Pebeo ColoreX Ink. Fairly new. I had to order these colors to try. My go-to colors. A pink, a blue, a green, a yellow and I found a yellow/green combination that I really like a lot! 

The tangle for the 21st was Opally from Silke Wagner. I wanted to make it look like a flower since that is what the tangle reminds me of. I took some two inch squares (actually I am using these squares to draw all the steps for the patterns in my new book I am working on) and painted on some blobs of color with my Schmincke watercolors. And I kept one blank square to attempt the pattern. 



And I shaded it, then inked the edges with black Archival ink. I tend to do the edging on most things I make. I could have done more detailing on the flower but I wanted to keep this page easy. 




I thought I might use all four of the blocks so I tangled an opally on each one. 


I shaded each and added the black edging, then started thinking about page placement. I knew I wanted to add one of the Krista Leigh Smith characters I had already colored with Copic markers. 

And here is my simple page. I started by laying my opally tiles in place and adhering them. Then my little butterfly girl (perfect for flowers) and I added some stems for my opally pieces. Adding words came last, sentiments from my basket full of sayings. 

This page was so easy, took very little time, and it was fun. I wonder what I will do today for day 21 of 100 Days of Tangling. Want to join us? You can do that by clicking right here! Answer the three questions and I will let you in. Easy peasy. We have over 12,000 members ready to welcome you and encourage you along your tangle journey. <3 


You can purchase Hahnemühle's Bristol Illustration paper here

Comments

  1. I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating - your talent blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I really appreciate you!

      Delete
  2. So pleased you felt like doing something again - I can see you enjoyed it too by the colours. I like the way you introduced a slight touch of blue in the spray background on one of your small opally tiles so as to make the whole page harmonise to include the blue of the girl's shorts. - Evy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evy, I just wish I felt like doing something artsy more often. Prayers please. Doctor appointment on the 29th. Problems with my last scan.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around