More Daily Journaling





















Not long ago I talked about daily journaling. Creative Crafty Friends gave the challenge to work in a journal each day, in whatever way you felt led. Some of the members are writing pages of their thoughts and activities. Mark and I are stay at home people with this Covid stuff going around and I mostly make art all day. Mark mostly plays with his dog, or works in the basement on 'guy' things, or watches sports. We don't go anywhere to 'do' anything. Except on Free Cake Day. Hahaha! So I am working with art and a few words. This was my page for January 23rd. I tangled the square tile after a Zoom class with Yvonne Westover. The tangle Avro was designed by Yvonne. It was fun and I actually think I could draw this again even though it looks complicated. Just one pattern did all that awesomeness. Those are gel prints in the background made with my gel printing plate from Gelli Arts. The little girl is a digital image I colored with Copics. 




















January 12th. All tiles in this post were tangled on Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle. It is the perfect paper for tangling. Smooth and just the right weight. I am into Zetti art lately, so made a weird little girl with no body. Just legs. And it was Free Cake Day at Brookside Inn. That tells me this was a Tuesday. Damian has Customer Appreciation Day on Tuesdays and everyone who wants it gets a free slice of cake. And it is usually wonderful - now that we are out of pumpkin season. Ick!



















January 17th. I missed 5 of my daily days. Hahahaha! And that's ok. I was taking a class with Tracy Weinzapfel - the 5-Day Postcard Challenge. If you happened to sign up for that, the lessons on FB are only available until the end of the month. And since I was working on that class so hard (it was serious fun!) today I added some art pieces that were made by my dear friend Rachel Foster. She mailed me a whole package of happy mail! She is the best!




















January 20th, Inauguration Day. Enough said. I posted this on my personal wall on FB and got so many nasty comments and attacks on my friends that I had to delete it. I do not care who you voted for and I do not want to read any nasty comments about the election. Thank you. 





















And the last one for this post - January 22nd. Gel print in the background. I used bubblewrap to make it so cool. The tile is Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle. The tangle is called Avro. It is the same pattern I used in that first photo. Just in reverse. From Yvonne Westover. And the little girl is another digital image I added color to. When I don't feel like drawing I color. 

Everyone have a great week! 

Bristol Illustration paper from Hahnemühle can be purchased here

Comments

  1. Excellent journal pages! I'm so tired of the antagonistic attitudes on both sides of the political situation. This is America. Everyone should be able to express their opinion without abuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sandra, and yes, we should but sadly we aren't there yet

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you had to remove your post - such a pity when that happens. I do like that yellow & green tangled tile on the second spread. Again it's those white highlights that really add such dimension.
    I'm back on full furlough after Saturday. Hoping to get a colouring course done. Take care with the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Tangled Dragonflies All Around

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun