The 100 Day Project and Daily Journaling





















Creative Crafty Friends challenged us to journal daily. I think they actually wanted us to do a bunch of deep thoughtful writing, but I decided that was a little too "thoughty" for me. I decided to combine my daily journaling with The 100 Day Project and the cute little figures I like to color and bits and pieces of gel prints. Kind of a mashup of several different art-styles, focusing on color. Hahahaha! Because . . . color!


That first photo was for Day 6 and incorporated one of Chris Ryniak's Morning Scribbles for my little coffee drinker. This page was Day 7. I started like I do most of these pages with a gel print as my base. I am using a gel printing plate from Gelli Arts and Bristol paper from Hahnemühle. The tiles are also Bristol. Actually this gel print is partially print and partially roll-off paper. Don't throw anything away. Hahahaha!







Day 8. The thing I like most about this page is that butterfly. Joggles had some watercolor 12 x 12 pages  from Tattered Angels on sale months ago that already had pictures drawn on them. The paper is a thick watercolor page that was yummy to color on. I tried out some new metallic watercolors from Arteza and I love them! The shimmer is awesome! 








Day 9. This gel print was made using Hand Lettering paper from Hahnemühle. Not its intended purpose but it works great on a gelli plate! I made this one using my marbling technique and some Dylusions paints. Remember to shake those bottles up first. Lesson learned. 








Day 10. I am enjoying making time each day for these daily journal pages. It is hard, though, to find the time. As my note says - I have too many irons in the fire. 










Day 11. This page is an exception to the gel print base idea. The strip on this one is actually from a striped acrylic page I painted a long time ago. I've been using it to make ATCs. The tile is Bristol paper from Hahnemühle. The tangle is arukas. Did you know 'arukas' is Sakura spelled backwards? Yep, that is probably the only reason I know how to spell it. Hahahaha! The black and white piece is actually one of my business cards - I drew that arukas in a totally different style from the one on my tile. 






Day 12 and it is back to gelli prints - two of them. I colored that tile with Ecoline Brush Pens. I love their colors. 






























And Day 13. You know, part of the reason for this website is to share ideas and how-to's with you. Another part is to have a trail of my artistic journey. Two months ago did I think I would be making this kind of daily page? Or any daily page? Hahahaha! Nope! Not at all. But I am finding it doable and fun, and if I can inspire you just a little along the way then it is totally worth it! Creative Crafty Friends is where I got started. We do swaps and we do personal art like this. If you are interested, you can check it out by clicking here. As for my daily journal - I am using this Rhodia book. I don't mind the graph lines in the background, they help keep me straight. Hahahahahahah! 

To find a list of dealers carrying Hahnemühle products in the U.S. and Canada, go here and scroll through to find one near you.

Comments

  1. I don't blame you when it comes to thoughty journaling. I do love the look of a beautifully written page salted with artwork. But I hate writing by hand - I always leave out words and even though I may start out with lovely handwriting, it soon turns into unintelligible scribbles. Your kind of art journaling is juuuuuuuust right - to quote Goldilocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see your art journey & so interesting to see how you've diversified over the years retained two core themes: colour & tangling. I understand the bit about 'thoughty' journalling & can see you're having enormous fun with your daily pages, especially now that you've sort of developed a formula (with variations) which is your unique style. I'd imagine you have lots of paper you've inked in various ways & different images coloured ready to use too - lovely way to keep hold of things you like too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to feel like I need to switch it up a little with these pages. I don't want them all to be the same. hahahaha! but ideas are not coming so easily right now. I am just trying to get caught up

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around