This Week in Art



These last few months have been hard ones. We have been kept afloat by the prayers of so many of you, the cards, the gifts in the mail, the money gifts and gas cards, the messages. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You have been such blessings to us! I am thankful for every one of you. 

I am tired all the time but feel pretty good otherwise. I am halfway through the chemo treatments. Many of you know during this time we have decided to move from Maine down to Georgia. Probably not the best time for such a huge decision. We are waiting until after my last chemo round. Our house here in Maine has been sold and the new people are willing to wait to take occupancy until the end of August. Fingers crossed and prayers going up we find the house God has intended for us in Georgia.

And that updates you on us. Oh yeah, Mark has an appointment with the hip doctor July 1st. 

These first two pieces of art were made in my Indigo Art Papers square journal. Schmincke watercolors and the basic peek-a-boo technique. No rocket science here. 


For tangling I used an apprentice tile and Dylusions Ink Sprays. Tangles are printemps, tipple, and Tomas' version of diva dance. My hands are still shaky, but I'm getting there. The physical therapist gave me some putty and some hand exercises that are helping. 


Love the color in this one! Again, this is an apprentice tile. The color is Pixie Powders, the color is fireworks. Tangles are bunny trax, barquillos, black tie, zanella and baleselation. Lots of fun this one - tangling in the open areas and leaving the color standing alone. I also made some watercolor backgrounds that I can add art on top of. Probably flowers because that is what I know how to do. Or mandalas. That would be fun but you will have to wait and see! 

Come join us on FB at Tangle All Around where we are currently working on ICAD, an Index Card a Day. 

Comments

  1. I love them all!!! Take care, all the best, your Regina🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone of these is a marvel, as are you, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice, it's so wonderful to receive your emails again! I've missed the weekly inspiration you send out. And it makes me smile to know you are "gaining on it" and feeling the urge to make art again! Your flowers say it all. ❤❤❤👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan, it feels good to be creating again.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you back at it! Good luck with the move! Prayers for healing of you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. They mean a lot.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful to see you tangling again - your style remains as distinctive as ever & great you're making progress with the hand control. Glad to hear that hip doctor appointment isn't far away - was praying that sorting it wouldn't take too long. The house having sold is a huge hurdle to have crossed - it took a very long time for us & by the the time we actually moved into our new property it had taken somewhere between 2-3 years. I still marvel at where He put us, not where we'd thought but with superb provision for us. Will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers. Our house sold quickly so we are considering that a positive sign from God.

      Delete
  6. You have been chilling in Maine and now you are going to cook in the south. Where in Georgia?
    I live in Mobile, AL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douglas, east side and south

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've been waiting to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your time with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dream It and Do It!

Octangling, 2020 Has Begun

Tangled Dragonflies All Around